Way too early AAAA favorites…

Gr8bballfan

4 hours ago, BeardenBullies said:

Bearden ladies looking strong. finding ways to win

They are definitely looking good.  That win over Alcoa (regardless of the score) was a very good win.  Alco has a very good team.  Bearden's schedule is pretty weak overall but they are a good team for sure and have beaten everyone put in front of them.   Thats all you can do this time of year.   If they aren't on your schedule you can't beat them.  I expect the Bulldogs to be back in the glass house this March. 

I like the way top of AAAA is looking right now.   Should be some really good games in the Substate/Glass House.    I don't see anyone that is standing out like Bearden did last year after their trip to Florida.   But for sure there are some teams that are loaded with talent.  Its going decided on who makes a run at the right time of year.    

12 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Theyve played tough schedule too

That is a bit of a stretch.  Outside of Cleveland they haven't played any of the top 3A or 4A teams in TN.   Knox Catholic should be a better game this time with their best player (Mains) back.    I am not saying that BC isn't good because I have seen them play and they are very solid but that schedule....nope.  Even CoachT says their opponents barely have a  winning record (53%).  

A sleeper team nobody is mentioning could be David Crockett.  I think they're a heavy favorite to come out of and win Region 1, which would mean avoiding Bearden in the substate most likely.  Not sure who the other team could be coming out of 2 (Heritage maybe?), but Crockett has the nation's leader in assists and are coming off of a 30+ point beatdown of Science Hill on their own floor Tuesday night.  Watch out for the Lady Pioneers. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:09 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

That is a bit of a stretch.  Outside of Cleveland they haven't played any of the top 3A or 4A teams in TN.   Knox Catholic should be a better game this time with their best player (Mains) back.    I am not saying that BC isn't good because I have seen them play and they are very solid but that schedule....nope.  Even CoachT says their opponents barely have a  winning record (53%).  

Yep. Played a close one. Won't by 28 both times. 

16 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Yep. Played a close one. Won't by 28 both times. 

You are only making my point.   Catholic has a losing record.   Like I said BC is a very good team with a weak schedule.   You were the one talking about how tough the schedule was.  Sometimes that happens.  Catholic and Warren should have been alot better this year but that happens sometimes during scheduling but BC didn't go out of their way to get a tough out of confernece schedule and they sure won't have one in the district (excluding Cleveland) 

Cookeville has a big challenge this weekend with Blackman on Friday followed by Warren on Saturday.    The  Lady Cavs have been looking really good the past couple weeks.   Their defense is relentless.  And they will need that same effort when Blackman comes to town.  Hopefully the Cavs can keep it rolling Friday night but I expect it to be a war.   This team has grown alot the past couple months and are looking to make a deep run at a gold ball this year.   Friday will be nothing but a measuring stick but I do know its big game for these girls.  I hope Warren is not a trap game but its looking like it. 

On 1/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, TribalEmpire said:

A sleeper team nobody is mentioning could be David Crockett.  I think they're a heavy favorite to come out of and win Region 1, which would mean avoiding Bearden in the substate most likely.  Not sure who the other team could be coming out of 2 (Heritage maybe?), but Crockett has the nation's leader in assists and are coming off of a 30+ point beatdown of Science Hill on their own floor Tuesday night.  Watch out for the Lady Pioneers. 

Crockett does look really good. It wouldn't be a surprise to see them win their region. Their games against Daniel Boone this year could be classics.
But if Crockett runs into an opponent with a good big players they could have a tough time. Especially if that team has a bigger point guard.  But if they get past the region quarterfinal, where they washed out the last two seasons, they could be on their way.