Almost Twice as Easy to Win a Football State Title than Any Other Sport in TSSAA

sx1234

10 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I like both sports,  for different reasons and keep up with both on here.  I am actively involved in both at the HS and youth levels.  I just saw your comment about football being the most physically,  emotionally and mentally challenging sport and responded. My initial comment probably was a bit snarky, no disrespect meant. We can agree to disagree.   I stand by my informed opinion that football players think football is the toughest sport. Wrestlers know. 

I never agreed to disagree. Football players know. I won't comment on wrestlers.

My son was the leading tackler on two state championship football teams. He was also a three time state champion wrestler at 195 and 220. He had offers to do either at the collegiate level. He chose football and he would have no problem telling you wrestling was harder. I will take his word for it. 

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I guess he doesn't check that board much, but you and I know that board is almost as active as any of of football boards on the T if not more during certain periods of the calendar. 

609 for 5A/6A. 358 for 3A/4A. 737 for 1A/2A.  Total 1704 for Football just counting the public division .      603 total  for wrestling all classes public and private. Then football has  another one after D2 about jobs and then under that one there is another one on some other football topics.

1 hour ago, JMorton said:

My son was the leading tackler on two state championship football teams. He was also a three time state champion wrestler at 195 and 220. He had offers to do either at the collegiate level. He chose football and he would have no problem telling you wrestling was harder. I will take his word for it. 

Great for your son. I don't know him and l will never meet him. Sounds like he was a good player. 

The original question was about which sport is the most physical, mental and emotionally challenging. 

I see you've lost the argument because you're focusing on message board participation.  The question is settled, I don't care if you agree to disagree.

Wrestling >football 

Edited by TotallynotLEO

3 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

The original question was about which sport is the most physical, mental and emotionally challenging. 

I see you've lost the argument because you're focusing on message board participation.  The question is settled, I don't care if you agree to disagree.

Wrestling >football 

I haven't decided l have lost the argument. 

On 8/19/2023 at 1:04 AM, BigTime1950 said:

609 for 5A/6A. 358 for 3A/4A. 737 for 1A/2A.  Total 1704 for Football just counting the public division .      603 total  for wrestling all classes public and private. Then football has  another one after D2 about jobs and then under that one there is another one on some other football topics.

Old Sissy troll got an adding machine!:lol:

Vorwerk on Twitter: "This is how an Internet troll looks like  http://t.co/h45CfmXFaH" / Twitter

image.jpeg.4ae3df073f91fd17f43121f7f10e9157.jpeg

On 8/18/2023 at 12:41 AM, BigTime1950 said:

You don't take the force hits in wrestling as you do in football or get totally knocked out. It's physics. 225 pound LB or de coming from 10 yards away as fast as they can to hit a 170 pound RB , WR, or QB. Never happens in wrestling. Imagine what that does to you. There are no weight limits in football plus a football game can last much longer than a few second pinfall. Sure wrestling is very strenuous and a great challenging spot. I stand by my football analogy.

You can take catastrophic hits in both. in wrestling I've seen those types of things. in football haven't the rules been changed to curtail the head-to-head collisions? the same with wrestling. No more trap arm slams. Knee has to hit first before or simultaneously. And the game lasts longer than a match due to one you stand around longer than the actual game is played. As well as the wrestling match is six-seven minutes due to the strenuous strain on the body. A wrestling match wrestled in its entirety is the equivalent to two football games. Stand by your football analogy. I did both in high school. We won two titles in football while i was there and four in wrestling. I was varsity my sr year in football. Four-year starter in wrestling. By the time Championship game rolled around I was weighing between 165-170. And was starting nose. I finished runner up in the defensive mvp for the game. Following weekend i was on a mat in a tournament that I shouldn't have been in. I finished 3rd. The only reason why i finished that high was spending my Saturday mornings getting my teeth kicked in on the mat. Just so I could be in decent shape by the time I hit the mat. So, to me your point is invalid. My point being without wrestling i wouldn't have been the football player that i became. But football was so much easier after i wrestled. I was stronger, faster, and just knew how to maneuver my body to be in better position. I've been a coach for 24 years and this argument will always be there. The physical toll on my body has been all done in wrestling. Knee(s), Back, Ankle, Eyes, Shoulder(s) it's all there just because I thought I was bullet proof in college and did things that would make a billy goat puke. So yeah, the cliches in wrestling are there.