Schedules 2023-24

Rhea Co.

OR will not be playing DB or AC next season.  The problem was that TSSAA didn't make universal the weeks designated for region games across classification, In other words, a 5A team's region game weeks won't necessarily match up with  a 4 or 6A's region game weeks as preset by TSSAA.  OR would have had to play AC or DB in week 2 or week 9, Both DB and AC have region games in week 2 and week 9.  So it cannot be done next season.  OR will play Powell, Central, McMinn, Farragut and Jeff. Co. non region.  Still looking for another game week 2 or 9.  The ONLY school that they can find in week two that needs a game is.......... get ready.........wait for it...........Oakland!   And that ish ain't gone happen! So, look for OR to have an open date week 2. Ha ha

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vfl3382 said:

Oak Ridge schedule 2023.

8/18. Jeff County

8/25 DB

9/1 Powell

9/8 @Karns

9/15 @McMinn County

9/22 @Clinton

9/29 @Central

10/6 @Farragut

10/13 Open

10/20 Lenoir City

10/27 Campbell County

Not sure 8/25 game is finalized with DB.

Thanks for the update, I was told DB wouldn't line up, maybe they were able to move/switch a game or something.  Either way, I'm glad the game is happening.  The thing that sucks is that the open week for OR being week 9, that is right in the middle of Fall break which is two weeks at OR.  It's a little harder to manage 80 plus players for two weeks while they are not in school.  Oh well, glad it worked out for playing DB. 

3 hours ago, vfl3382 said:

Oak Ridge schedule 2023.

8/18. Jeff County

8/25 DB

9/1 Powell

9/8 @Karns

9/15 @McMinn County

9/22 @Clinton

9/29 @Central

10/6 @Farragut

10/13 Open

10/20 Lenoir City

10/27 Campbell County

Wow, that is a long stretch between home games for OR (after 9/1).

• Upvote 1

Here in Georgia, except for a very, very rare exception, you play all of your non-regions first. Once you start region play you face no more non-regions. When I was in Tennessee, I always found it very difficult to get a team up to play a non-region team the last few weeks of the regular season.

12 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Here in Georgia, except for a very, very rare exception, you play all of your non-regions first. Once you start region play you face no more non-regions. When I was in Tennessee, I always found it very difficult to get a team up to play a non-region team the last few weeks of the regular season.

Agreed.  We have done that each of the last three seasons playing a non region game week 9. Resulting in 3 L's. It's just stupid

On 11/30/2022 at 1:38 PM, Rhea Co. said:

Powell 2023-24 Schedule 

Aug 18 Anderson Co

Aug 25 @Farragut 

Sept 1 @ Oak Ridge

Sept 8 Maryville Hertiage*

Sept 15 Clinton

Sept 22 @ Halls*

Sept 29 @ Karns

Oct 6 Knox Central*

Oct 13 Bye

Oct 20 McMinn Co.

Oct 26 Thurs @ West*

Wonder why Powell is not playing on Lomas Lane this coming season?  Lowe did not want to have to face his old team once he turns Catholic?????? 

14 minutes ago, footballgiant123 said:

Wonder why Powell is not playing on Lomas Lane this coming season?  Lowe did not want to have to face his old team once he turns Catholic?????? 

Why would anybody go to Catholic, they can't compete in the private.  lol.  Lowe doesn't enjoy getting his butt kicked every Friday night and driving to Chatt and beyond to do so. Or maybe he does?  We shall see

Edited by oridgecat

On 12/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, vfl3382 said:

Oak Ridge schedule 2023.

8/18. Jeff County

8/25 DB

9/1 Powell

9/8 @Karns

9/15 @McMinn County

9/22 @Clinton

9/29 @Central

10/6 @Farragut

10/13 Open

10/20 Lenoir City

10/27 Campbell County

Not accurate turns out.  DB won't play week 2.  Still need a game week 2 or week 9.