Schedules 2023-24

Rhea Co.

49 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I think y’all are one of them? At least that’s what I heard. Have you heard that? Farragut will always be one, being a long-standing rival and all. I would guess DB will be the other, but may be wrong.

Thought I saw that oak ridge plays Anderson County this year as non region oppenent 

On 11/24/2022 at 9:32 PM, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Nobody dropped anybody.  Gallatin made it top priority to first schedule Hendersonville and Beech, for obvious reasons, those were scheduled weeks 1 and 2 before the region schedules had come out.  First, the TSSAA granted Warren County's appeal to move to region 4, which took away a non region game.  Then when the TSSAA set the region schedules, Gallatin was left with week 4 and week 10 to fill with non region games.  The TSSAA scheduled Beech to play region games both those weeks, Portland and Hunters Lane.  So the dates didn't match up to play Beech.

This is simply not true. Good narrative though. If that’s what you were told sir, you were misled. The plan was to not play from the start, this just gives a defendable reason to those that don’t know.

I’m sure of Gallatin wanted to make it happen they could have scheduled SC week 4 instead of Dickson. That would have opened up week 2 with Beech. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I think y’all are one of them? At least that’s what I heard. Have you heard that? Farragut will always be one, being a long-standing rival and all. I would guess DB will be the other, but may be wrong.

Yup, Powell is one. Central is another. McMinn Co and Jeff Co are locked in as well. I assume Farragut is one of the remaining two. Not sure who the last one is. A lot of folks keep saying AC, but I'm not sure that is happening this cycle.

Yeah SS I'm seeing Pow, McMinn Co (home of home cooking) and Central not too bad here, we can go to Littion's to eat.  Then the old Standbys DB and The Farr-a-gutt-less Admirals. Hear maybe Anderson County but they're busy right now and couldn't answer. Ourta be fun this next year can you say ROAD TRIPS!

Have to get catswild  to ride with me and help pick out who get shirts and then  help give them out. That would be help though as he does know Oak Ridge football.

11 hours ago, eers said:

This is simply not true. Good narrative though. If that’s what you were told sir, you were misled. The plan was to not play from the start, this just gives a defendable reason to those that don’t know.

I’m sure of Gallatin wanted to make it happen they could have scheduled SC week 4 instead of Dickson. That would have opened up week 2 with Beech. 

You obviously realize it's not quite that easy just to move a game from one week to another, in this case that would've affected Springfield as well.  As I said, Gallatin's top priority was to schedule Station Camp and Hendersonville, and knowing weeks 1 and 2 for a certainty would be non region, that's where they went.  These were set in stone a good while before the new regions ever came out.  Station Camp because it's a city rival, and Hendersonville because they're Gallatin's longest running rival, they've played every year since 1964.  There are two gaps with Beech since they started in 1981, one of 4 years and the other of 2.  I'm sure everybody will say those gaps are Gallatin's fault as well.  Anyway, it's not worth going back and forth on, Gallatin, Station Camp and Springfield all have their schedules set, I'm sorry Beech does not, at least according to the TSSAA website they don't.  So we move on, good luck to the Buccaneers Saturday night.

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Yup, Powell is one. Central is another. McMinn Co and Jeff Co are locked in as well. I assume Farragut is one of the remaining two. Not sure who the last one is. A lot of folks keep saying AC, but I'm not sure that is happening this cycle.

Jeff County, huh? That’s an interesting one. We haven’t played them regular season since I was a Sophomore in 1994, I don’t believe.

On 11/24/2022 at 6:00 PM, Rhea Co. said:

Anyone else have their schedules completed? 

Looks like Rhea Co has already lined up a complete schedule 

Week 1 Aug 18 Soddy Daisy 

Week 2 Aug 25 Red Bank 

Week 3 Sept 1 @ Knox Central 

Week 4 Sept 8 Howard*

Week 5 Sept 15 Cleveland 

Week 6 Sept 22 @ Walker Valley*

Week 7 Sept 29 McMinn Co*

Week 8 Oct 6 @ Ooltewah*

Week 9 Oct 13 Bye

Week 10 Oct 20 Tyner

Week 11 Oct 26 East Hamilton*

*=Region Game

Love the non-region slate with classic rivals Soddy, Red Bank, and Cleveland all back on the schedule. Knox Central and Tyner are very good non-region games. Weeks 5-7 will be a tough run and weeks 10 and 11 will be tough games too. 

Love seeing Rhea back on our schedule.