East Nashville vs Alcoa missing thread???

crow6424

14 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

No it's more like the SEC saying they're the best conference because they annually put out the best one or two teams in the nation. Some years the middle teams are better than others but we know the SEC is going to produce the best team in the nation more times than not. Same thing here just on a smaller scale is all. 

That’s the entire point I’m making you are so top heavy when it comes to teams with the top 1 or 2.  This isn’t an argument about who is the best team in the state or where the best team in the state is coming from its overall from all 9 classification.  The SEC could have the top two teams in the entire nation but if the other SEC schools lose all their bowl games does that still make the SEC the best conference?  Not in my opinion and just means they are top heavy.

That would be like saying the Big Ten is the best conference this year since Michigan and Ohio State made the playoffs which I don’t find to be true at all.

Edited by Swipes

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

That’s the entire point I’m making you are so too heavy when it comes to teams with the top 1 or 2.  This isn’t an argument about who is the best team in the state or where the best team in the state is coming from its overall from all 9 classification.  The SEC could have the top two teams in the entire nation but if the other SEC schools lose all their bowl games does that still make the SEC the best conference?  Not in my opinion and just means they are top heavy.

That would be like saying the Big Ten is the best conference this year since Michigan and Ohio State made the playoffs which I don’t find to be true at all.

I don't think it's just "top heavy" though. Especially when the two teams named would beat anyone from the other area mentioned. That's just dominance. If filling out the middle is really what you think puts the east over the top then I'm not going to try to stop you from thinking that. The facts are the facts though, Oakland and LA have not only beat state powers but national powers as well. This all being in the past two seasons, on national television for the country to enjoy. Sorry Swipes there's not really a team from the east who can say that. Most of the elite teams out east wouldn't be caught dead outside of state lines, you and I both know it.

11 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I don't think it's just "top heavy" though. Especially when the two teams named would beat anyone from the other area mentioned. That's just dominance. If filling out the middle is really what you think puts the east over the top then I'm not going to try to stop you from thinking that. The facts are the facts though, Oakland and LA have not only beat state powers but national powers as well. This all being in the past two seasons, on national television for the country to enjoy. Sorry Swipes there's not really a team from the east who can say that. Most of the elite teams out east wouldn't be caught dead outside of state lines, you and I both know it.

Very Questionable statement when Baylor beat the team by 3TDs that Oakland lost to this season and losses came to Prince Avenue Christian by 7 (14-0 GA state champ and ranked higher than Milton the team LA beat 17-7) and MBA by 8 to avenge that loss in the Championship game when they were undefeated. (I also think Knox West this year would have given Oakland a run for their money)  I think you have a handful of Great Mid State teams (Private Schools outside of Oakland).  Other than Thompson out of AL who is currently not in the top 25 and have lost 3 games this year what National Powers are you talking about?  Baylor plays out of state, Alcoa has played out of State, heck Greeneville has played out of state.  Once again i'm not buying the top heavy teams your trying to push and look at it from all 9 classification since thats how this state is classified.  Overall between all classifications the East has the upper leg across the board and thats a fact

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Very Questionable statement when Baylor beat the team by 3TDs that Oakland lost to this season and losses came to Prince Avenue Christian by 7 (14-0 GA state champ and ranked higher than Milton the team LA beat 17-7) and MBA by 8 to avenge that loss in the Championship game when they were undefeated. (I also think Knox West this year would have given Oakland a run for their money)  I think you have a handful of Great Mid State teams (Private Schools outside of Oakland).  Other than Thompson out of AL who is currently not in the top 25 and have lost 3 games this year what National Powers are you talking about?  Baylor plays out of state, Alcoa has played out of State, heck Greeneville has played out of state.  Once again i'm not buying the top heavy teams your trying to push and look at it from all 9 classification since thats how this state is classified.  Overall between all classifications the East has the upper leg across the board and thats a fact

I said they play state and national powers which is true. You bring up Thompson's 3 losses but who were they to? Oh yeah Buford(GA), LA, and Hoover. Thompson was also 7A champs in Alabama and let's be honest the two other teams Thompson lost to would mop anyone in the east except Baylor.  And if it's so easy to go out of state and play good teams why don't we see y'all do it? I remember a trip to Corbin a few years ago but I'm fuzzy on the result. Did they win their championship that year? It's not even a comparison and we both know it ergo one garnering national attention and coverage and the other not. I know you'll probably try to make this into me hating Alcoa or something but it couldn't be farther from the truth. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:06 PM, howdoitknow said:

Maryville has lost their mystique and if you don’t think that George Quarles saw it coming from a mile away you’re kidding yourself. 

You can't fix a statement this stupid. Not "kidding".

Tee Hee Hee

https://www.unapproved website.com/news/zBUlt3uw4EGqSqVc2-am_g/top-100-high-school-football-coaches-of-all-time-by-win-percentage.htm

Edited by MarevulBigGal
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MarevulBigGal said:

..........Hmm, Has Maryville continued to win 94% of their Games since 2016 when GQ left for Furman?