East Nashville vs Alcoa missing thread???

crow6424

3 hours ago, pepvol said:

Not everyone is insulting Alcoa for wishing they would move up , if you noticed I said I think they would still continue to win State every year , just against much better teams with a lot more fan support, meaning more money for Alcoa. I hated hearing every year how Maryville should move up …  “ skeered of the big boys “  and was very thankful when we did move up . I just find it surprising that most Alcoa fans don’t feel the same way . Most Alcoa fans I know mention this all the time to me . Sorry if you think I’m insulting your team , I’m not , I have a lot of respect for Alcoa and I’ve said all I’m gonna say on this subject since it seems to be a touchy subject 

I understand what you’re implying and agree somewhat. The conversation just gets old. I hear it everywhere especially after Alcoa wins. While I agree that the playoff competition could be a little more entertaining and more money for the school, the results would still be the same in the end. The goal is to be playing your best ball come playoff time and playing good competition beforehand can prepare teams for deep runs. Alcoa has been scheduling and beating good higher classification teams for years now. Those games prepared them to do what they have done in the postseason. Why cant the teams in their classification not follow the same path to success? CAK found a way to beat them years ago. So did CPA. Covington gave them all they wanted. And this East Nashville team playec Alcoa as well as anyone! So its not impossible to win. Alcoa is just a victim of its own success sadly. I cant wait until we move up to 4A in another year so ppl can find something else to complain about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Anyone who thinks Murvul fan is genuine when discussing concern about Alcoa gate money and current classification has lost their mind. It’s all about losing ground on State Championship totals, nothing more.  If Murvul could find a way to weasel back to 4A, they would do it in a heartbeat.

100% Facts!  Maryville fans who used to be so arrogant on here are so jealous of what Alcoa has become.  It’s so funny to me.  Maryville has lost their mystique and if you don’t think that George Quarles saw it coming from a mile away you’re kidding yourself.  The moment that Kevin Creasy left Hartsville and took over the football program at Murfreesboro Oakland signaled the beginning of the end for the mighty Red Rebels.  I know Hillsboro, White Station, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood had some great teams and pulled off some upsets through the years but since Oakland has gotten the program established under Creasy & Co. the once “unbeatable Maryville Rebels” have been exposed and have become Dobyns-Bennett & Riverdale 2.0.  

They are still a great program and will win their share of region championships and win 10-12 games but they aren’t in Oakland’s stratosphere right now and every time they play them the games are getting more and more lopsided.  

Maybe Maryville can focus on beating Cleveland this off-season and keep their best players from wanting to transfer to Alcoa.  It’s the only way that those young men are going to win any state championships on the football field anytime in the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Anyone who thinks Murvul fan is genuine when discussing concern about Alcoa gate money and current classification has lost their mind. It’s all about losing ground on State Championship totals, nothing more.  If Murvul could find a way to weasel back to 4A, they would do it in a heartbeat. They typically play two games a year, Alcoa and Oakland. Outside of that, not much to talk about. Hope Murvul fan enjoys the new Jumbotron. Heard it’s gonna be a nice one.:lol: Good luck with next season! :thumb:

LoL , it’s the total opposite, Maryville is 18-5 against Alcoa since 2000 , if there’s any jealousy between our schools it’s definitely coming from you guys. Maryville could have played in 5A when the super 32 was going on , I guess you missed that . I actually tried to give you guys a compliment and congratulations… and said the same thing I hear from lots of people , including Alcoa fans and look how sensitive you guys got ! LoL  , hilarious . 

6 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

100% Facts!  Maryville fans who used to be so arrogant on here are so jealous of what Alcoa has become.  It’s so funny to me.  Maryville has lost their mystique and if you don’t think that George Quarles saw it coming from a mile away you’re kidding yourself.  The moment that Kevin Creasy left Hartsville and took over the football program at Murfreesboro Oakland signaled the beginning of the end for the mighty Red Rebels.  I know Hillsboro, White Station, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood had some great teams and pulled off some upsets through the years but since Oakland has gotten the program established under Creasy & Co. the once “unbeatable Maryville Rebels” have been exposed and have become Dobyns-Bennett & Riverdale 2.0.  

They are still a great program and will win their share of region championships and win 10-12 games but they aren’t in Oakland’s stratosphere right now and every time they play them the games are getting more and more lopsided.  

Maybe Maryville can focus on beating Cleveland this off-season and keep their best players from wanting to transfer to Alcoa.  It’s the only way that those young men are going to win any state championships on the football field anytime in the foreseeable future.  

But you’re not bashing Maryville though … right ?! LoL , I’m just laughing at how much Maryville is in your all’s  heads ! I guess if Maryville was 5-18 against Alcoa since 2000 I would feel differently about Alcoa too ! LoL 

50 students separate Alcoa from 4A 250 students separate Maryville from Oakland and 300 students plus separate Maryville from twenty of the rest of 6A schools. Alcoa didn't grow into 4A or qualify largely due to the new Eagleton School who took on a decent size number of kids who would have paid tuition and went to Alcoa. Tuition students are down at Alcoa and this is why. A large number of kids are out for football at the new Eagleton School and where they came from I don't know. The county put a lot of money towards that program for a reason and a lot of it is to due with keeping their kids and not going over to their neighbors to play. Time will tell in the near future if this has the impact I think it will.

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

50 students separate Alcoa from 4A 250 students separate Maryville from Oakland and 300 students plus separate Maryville from twenty of the rest of 6A schools. Alcoa didn't grow into 4A or qualify largely due to the new Eagleton School who took on a decent size number of kids who would have paid tuition and went to Alcoa. Tuition students are down at Alcoa and this is why. A large number of kids are out for football at the new Eagleton School and where they came from I don't know. The county put a lot of money towards that program for a reason and a lot of it is to due with keeping their kids and not going over to their neighbors to play. Time will tell in the near future if this has the impact I think it will.

LOL GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

21 hours ago, pepvol said:

LoL , it’s the total opposite, Maryville is 18-5 against Alcoa since 2000 , if there’s any jealousy between our schools it’s definitely coming from you guys. Maryville could have played in 5A when the super 32 was going on , I guess you missed that . I actually tried to give you guys a compliment and congratulations… and said the same thing I hear from lots of people , including Alcoa fans and look how sensitive you guys got ! LoL  , hilarious . 

Keep living in the past. Hopefully it takes some of that whinny butt hurt away.:thumb:

On 12/7/2022 at 10:16 AM, pepvol said:

.....but you know how big the games were when there was no threads even made about the game ! LoL 

You sure have turned into a big crybaby! :lol:

Wait till Alcoa's New 7on7 team brings in top talent ! 

You can come to Alcoa Sunday and watch the future of Alcoa Football and look at the 2022 Gold Trophy! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

image.png.2f6c2d0a8d66e6cdcff10e81e48f006f.png