96-2 final tonight

Indian

23 minutes ago, BigFan1966 said:

Was this game actually played and they only scored 2 points? If so this will bite Bradley Central in the butt at some point this season. 

When I first saw the score I thought the same thing. Then after seeing that the same team beat them by 80 and 81 last year I think it could’ve happened.

Not sure what type of gratification comes with a margin of victory like that, whether it’s a district game or not.

I saw a recent score where a team lost by nearly 60 and it had me wondering how that could even be possible with a running clock at a 35 point margin.

15 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

When I first saw the score I thought the same thing. Then after seeing that the same team beat them by 80 and 81 last year I think it could’ve happened.

Not sure what type of gratification comes with a margin of victory like that, whether it’s a district game or not.

I saw a recent score where a team lost by nearly 60 and it had me wondering how that could even be possible with a running clock at a 35 point margin.

I'd have to see highlights to be critical. I've seen heavy blowouts where starters were pulled after a quarter or  before, and fourth quarters where the winning team didn't attempt a shot, just ran plays and passed it around. 

1 hour ago, Indian said:

I'd have to see highlights to be critical. I've seen heavy blowouts where starters were pulled after a quarter or  before, and fourth quarters where the winning team didn't attempt a shot, just ran plays and passed it around. 

You may or may not get to see the highlights. The girls game was supposed to be on the TSSAA's NFHS site but at 3 AM all they had up was a message saying the game had been delayed. I went to the Bradley Central High School TV site and they were only showing the boys vs Howard game.

Now, the boys game is still on NHFS and BCHS TV but there is no girls on BCHS TV and on the TSSAA NFHS site they have a new message for the girls game. It says the BCHS girls vs Howard stream will be " BLACKED OUT " until 3 / 26 / 2023,

Bradley doesn't want people to see the game it appears. Maybe they regret the blowout. Maybe they don't want to embarrass the Howard girls by showing the blowout. OR MAYBE I AM WAY OFF BASE HERE. 

I am a retired teacher not a coach but a coach is a teacher. What lesson did the Btadley Coach teach his girls and the Howard girls? His team apparently beat Howard twice last season by over 80 points so he should have known it was going to get ugly again and prevented it from happening again.

Okay, I better stop now because until I see the replay on 3 / 26 / 2023 anything I say is just A LOT OF GUESSING and maybe BS. If I am wrong then I certainly will post an apology. Another thing to think about is Oak Ridge has beaten teams by a lot so maybe I should not be talking. Of course, the Lady Wildcats haven't beaten a team by that much.

Below is the story from the Cleveland Daily Banner.  I was not at the game but I heard that the Bradley Coach was making his team get 30 passes before they could attempt a shot.  He did not play any of his starters the second half and for the most part played them less than one quarter each.  I hear that Howard has asked TSSAA to be moved from AAAA to AAA and their coach PURPOSELY made the score seem worse by not playing his best kids to support Howard’s case.  This is not a good situation for either program!

https://www.clevelandbanner.com/stories/bradley-blows-past-howard-twice,148562

17 minutes ago, Gr8bballfan said:

Below is the story from the Cleveland Daily Banner.  I was not at the game but I heard that the Bradley Coach was making his team get 30 passes before they could attempt a shot.  He did not play any of his starters the second half and for the most part played them less than one quarter each.  I hear that Howard has asked TSSAA to be moved from AAAA to AAA and their coach PURPOSELY made the score seem worse by not playing his best kids to support Howard’s case.  This is not a good situation for either program!

https://www.clevelandbanner.com/stories/bradley-blows-past-howard-twice,148562

Thanks for the report on the game. However, is it possible to pass 30 times and still score 96 points?

Well, I am done with this story. I would rather focus on Oak Ridge than Bradley. I do look for Bradley to win State.