Trousdale Co. 2023

On 7/28/2023 at 11:43 AM, Chiefbigfoot said:

Enough to compete for the region?

I really don't know just looking at the schedule I can see 4-6 eins. The first 4 games of the season will show how good a team TC will be this season. I still feel we should finish in the top 3 in the region. Some great athletes are in the next few classes and will bring TC back to chasing rings. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the lack of interest in Trousdale County football on Coacht symbolic of the Trousdale County football program today? I hope not, but I am concerned about the lack of interest on here. We used to have lots of pages of posts on Coacht, and our topics were on the first page of Class 1A/2A. Have we given up after a 2-9 season? 

I was beginning to think/hope things were getting better when I heard we have 38 players on the roster this year instead of low 20s like last year, Atwood is coming back, and the middle school program is improving. Are we on our way back or am I just wishful thinking?

7 hours ago, OldYellowJacket said:

Is the lack of interest in Trousdale County football on Coacht symbolic of the Trousdale County football program today? I hope not, but I am concerned about the lack of interest on here. We used to have lots of pages of posts on Coacht, and our topics were on the first page of Class 1A/2A. Have we given up after a 2-9 season? 

I was beginning to think/hope things were getting better when I heard we have 38 players on the roster this year instead of low 20s like last year, Atwood is coming back, and the middle school program is improving. Are we on our way back or am I just wishful thinking?

There sure is a dearth of info on the team.  No reports on any of the preseason scrimmages on this board. School website has not posted a roster for the season yet.  Vidette had no mention of the team all spring or summer until a small blurb in last week’s edition about the upcoming RBS scrimmage and a brief interview with BSatt.  Seems like interest really waned before last season when fans knew the talent was dipping and the team headed downhill. 

50 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

There sure is a dearth of info on the team.  No reports on any of the preseason scrimmages on this board. School website has not posted a roster for the season yet.  Vidette had no mention of the team all spring or summer until a small blurb in last week’s edition about the upcoming RBS scrimmage and a brief interview with BSatt.  Seems like interest really waned before last season when fans knew the talent was dipping and the team headed downhill. 

Accurate post. It’s just a reality that most fans are interested when things are rolling. There are a few old school, loyal fans that are about the school and town pride. Many of these folks have deep roots in the county and grew up playing football at the end of the home bleachers on Friday nights. 

56 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Accurate post. It’s just a reality that most fans are interested when things are rolling. There are a few old school, loyal fans that are about the school and town pride. Many of these folks have deep roots in the county and grew up playing football at the end of the home bleachers on Friday nights. 

Yep interest level is always up and down depending on the team’s success.  Just look at all of the ER posts here. One good season and they suddenly have some fans! 

2 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Thanks for the reply. I am old school; I played for Jim B, and I hate to see what is happening. Other teams used to respect/fear the Creekbank, but I think a lot of that respect was lost last year. However, I am not giving up. I think things look better this year. I hope we are on the road to recovery.

2 hours ago, OldYellowJacket said:

Thanks for the reply. I am old school; I played for Jim B, and I hate to see what is happening. Other teams used to respect/fear the Creekbank, but I think a lot of that respect was lost last year. However, I am not giving up. I think things look better this year. I hope we are on the road to recovery.

RTD and others have been talking about the talent level in the younger classes being good with the future being bright in a few more years.  Would appear to be the case with how the junior jackets did last year and the middle school team so far this season. Middle school team:

2021 - winless and the losses essentially all blowouts 

2022 - 2 wins and losses were mostly close

2023 - 2-0 so far  

so the talent level appears to be picking up at the 8th grade level and below   

my main question is whether the jackets have the coaching to win championships with this talent in future years! Time will tell.