Way too early 1A predictions

Summit22

1 hour ago, EastTNfan17 said:

How do you see the University High and Greenback game going? Assuming University makes it out of the region.

I know nothing about University. Greenback is solid, but they’re also young (only 2 seniors I believe). I would say University will have the advantage playing at home but Greenback does have a decent pitching staff so they will have quality starters for all 3 games if it gets to that point. 

Assuming North Green makes it out as well and has to go to Coalfield, I would be surprised if Coalfield drops a game to them.

Just got home from the ER game, heard Taylor Head pitched a full game and hardly anyone could touch him from ER. ER beat Gordonsville 8-6 in a THRILLER. Both sides super rowdy, refs were terrible both ways, but Carson Craig hits a 2 run shot in dead center in the 7th to give ER the lead. Austin Jones pitches terrific and Mack Luckett was able to close the game off. Heard from some parents the pitcher has thrown about 4 perfect games this year, but ER was able to handle him and put up 8 runs to move on to substate. Does anyone know where that is played or who is played against  I know they’ve changed it up, but haven’t seen anything about it yet.

9 hours ago, KentuckyFriedChicken said:

Who would everyone put as the final two teams at state as of now? I’m thinking Coalfield and Peabody

Yeah Peabody looks the part. I’m not sold on Coalfield. They’ve got good hitters and a great catcher in Luke Treece, but they don’t have the pitching imo. They don’t have a dominant guy that can go shut down a good team. They’ve got several good arms but nobody with overpowering stuff. Their guys just throw a ton of strikes and don’t walk many people. Their #2 arm has also not been able to pitch since midway through the season due to an arm injury and has only been able to DH for them. He was also their shortstop with their ace was on the mound, but now they have an 8th grader playing SS when their ace pitches.

10 hours ago, KentuckyFriedChicken said:

Who would everyone put as the final two teams at state as of now? I’m thinking Coalfield and Peabody

Peabody is definitely the front runner, i don't see any weakness on this team. Eagleville is solid with a strong 1 and 2. Coalfield will be a tough matchup against anyone. I like ER as a sleeper team.

Which 8 teams do you pick to go to state and what do you predict they will do down there.  Here are the substate matchups:

Greenback at University 

North Greene at Coalfield

East Robertson at South Pittsburg

Lookout Valley at Jo Byrns

? at Eagleville

Richland at McKenzie/Hollow Rock-Bruceton

? at Peabody

Bradford at Lakeland Prep