LA coach Kevin Mawae

theawesomebro

11 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I think mawae has lost the team.  this isn't the same team that played saraland and baylor to the wire.

Seems to be the case with Mawae losing the team.  However, I would like to see a little more character and grit from the players.  There is enough talent on the LA squad to have won last night's game in spite of coaching. 

Agreed BT28, the MBA D really stepped-up and played inspired football.

This game remind me of a Bill Belichick quote, "It's not the best 53, it's the right 53".

Edited by JRB

Lipscomb is adapting to playing at a much higher level of football than Dilfer or anyone for that matter at Lipscomb has ever competed in. When Dilfer was coaching Lipscomb they lost to Brentwood Academy.  I’m not trying to insult Dilfer or the program. The  jump for any coach is large in the D2 league.  Over recent years if Lipscomb played in the big side of D2 they would have been challenged at a high level each week.. (they would have been successful but how successful is a question).  CPA would be challenged as well although they have defeated some of the D2 big boys but not every week like Lipscomb is playing.  Mawae is trying to develop a culture. No one could continue what Dilfer did in any capacity it’s truly a unique program that whoever took over would be challenged to lead. Also the players having to adapt to a new level and coach is a challenge. 

Edited by Gambler

2 hours ago, Jtown37080 said:

All is well, hope they keep him forever! Humble pie is good for them, can’t think of a more deserving group of people. 

Wow!  By “people” do you mean the players? coaches?  parents? fans? students? COCers or just EVERYONE associated with their school? 

16 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

it might be wise to involve the parents and kids.   if they don't, there wont be anyone left to coach.

Just hire the best coach available and you will eliminate 99% of your problems.  Never allow the kids and parents the opportunity to hire a coach as they will hire the softest person available and the results will be a disaster. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

Wow!  By “people” do you mean the players? coaches?  parents? fans? students? COCers or just EVERYONE associated with their school? 

Have you ever been part of a visiting team visiting that facility to play? They treat anyone and everyone not from LA like a peasant. Piss on the entire LA group! I wish them nothing but the worst in everything they do. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.