Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

On 7/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, HTV said:

Derek is a solid individual.  He was scapegoated in the situation in with the testing issue, and it wasn't ACT testing.  Those above him didn't do their jobs to be sure there wasn't a situation like that occur.  

Yes, he is. I like him and I have enjoyed talking with him. I think he is going to do an excellent job at Oak Ridge. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:06 AM, boyfromsi said:

I thought we looked pretty decent.  If we can continue to block for Dozier it's going to be a fun year.  Everything is new and we started a little slow, but showed some promise.  Receiving core is fairly deep, running backs, not so much.  I thought lines did well on both side of ball.  I don't know how good Fulton really is, but Maryville should be quite a test.  I have a feeling that we will work on tackling this week as it was not good.

I did too, early missed tackles and busted coverages cost them, got to wrap up better on defense. Offense did some really nice stuff, main thing is keeping everybody healthy, especially the lines, to be a really good season, the lines need to be consistent. Coach Rang does a good job of working with the quarterbacks, I saw better play there. than at anytime last year.

Fulton had some quick backs and receivers and big lines, but they are real thin off the bench, only 27 players total dressed for the scrimmage, I hope they got more coming. 

29 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I did too, early missed tackles and busted coverages cost them, got to wrap up better on defense. Offense did some really nice stuff, main thing is keeping everybody healthy, especially the lines, to be a really good season, the lines need to be consistent. Coach Rang does a good job of working with the quarterbacks, I saw better play there. than at anytime last year.

Fulton had some quick backs and receivers and big lines, but they are real thin off the bench, only 27 players total dressed for the scrimmage, I hope they got more coming. 

They were like that last year too, seems to be a recurring issue with them.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

They were like that last year too, seems to be a recurring issue with them.

I saw a short clip of a sophomore LT named Bafford and man that kid has future potential. 6'3" 260 now and he can move. 

OR looks young on some of the OL/DL, but, talented.

Hurts we lost Garza, hopefully Stooks is ready to take over.

2 hours ago, ipb7 said:

I saw a short clip of a sophomore LT named Bafford and man that kid has future potential. 6'3" 260 now and he can move. 

OR looks young on some of the OL/DL, but, talented.

Hurts we lost Garza, hopefully Stooks is ready to take over.

I heard we lost Garza because the sophomore was ready and took the lead. 

On 7/30/2023 at 5:21 PM, HTV said:

Derek is a solid individual.  He was scapegoated in the situation in with the testing issue, and it wasn't ACT testing.  Those above him didn't do their jobs to be sure there wasn't a situation like that occur.  

ACT/SAT/TCAP/State Testing/Spelling Bee, whatever it was, it happened. Funny how quickly you come to the defense of those you know and like but are quick to tear down those you don’t like. 

Blinded By the Truth