Oak Ridge football 2023

SweetScience

41 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

"...who knows they may end up at the top when it’s all said and done."

Is there a different "End up on top when it's all said and done" than state champs?  If so, how did I miss it?

Good point, maybe I should have eluded the end of the regular season or either the playoffs or both. As an outsider, a fan of the sport, I liked what I seen. Yes, It was glimpse/1qtr against a quality opponent. I am sure the coach’s and I know most of the OR fans sitting near me picked up on it/seen the same thing I did, which was good.  I hope you guys do well, enjoy the ride.   

On 8/10/2023 at 10:21 PM, bounder said:

Oak Ridge scrimmaged Greeneville up to Jefferson City today Cats won 14 - 13. It was one quarter of play.   JV's didn't do so well, they lost but had a good learning experience. 

Greeneville was up 13-7 when their starters came out. OR scored on a passing play after that against Devils backups to take the lead. The iNt was against GHS backups 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:52 PM, Romansfive8 said:

My take on it. Both offensive lines looked great. Probably a slight edge toward G’s. Both defensive lines looked great. G’s run defense maybe a slight edge. OR’s 2 TD’s came from passing plays. G’s 2 TD’s one from a run and the other from a pass, but failed to covert the extra point. Pass coverage I give the slight edge to OR. Not sure what the exact time was left on the clock after OR scored the 2nd TD, but I believe it was a little over a minute. G drives all the way down to around the 7 to 5 yard line with approx. 32 seconds left on the clock and if I remember correctly that drive consisted of mostly running, maybe one pass. Anyhow, G’s got the ball down at around the 7 to 5 yard line and I think it was 1st and goal with approx. 32 secs left on the clock. Instead of of trying to run/punch it in, it’s a pass. The kid from OR was reading it all the way and comes across the goal line and intercepts the pass. The failed extra point on G, and the interception by OR was the difference.

I thought OR looked different than what they had looked like the past 2 season. They Looked disciplined and confident. QB has good arm and I think he’s going to be able to manage the game well. Is his name Dozer; that kid is elusive. Yes, I know it was just 1qtr, but from my perspective based on what I saw tonight, I think OR’s going to be hard to handle and who knows they may end up at the top when it’s all said and done. Both teams looked really good. Looking forward to the season. Have a great weekend everyone.  

OR second score was against GHS second team, and the INt was also against Devils backups….  Also.. Devils kicker did not play.   

5 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

OR second score was against GHS second team, and the INt was also against Devils backups….  Also.. Devils kicker did not play.   

Not sure you got all of your facts straight onThursdays game but that seems to be your way. It was in fact his varsity playing against OR the entire first half.  I was actually on the field during coach Spradlin’s after game speech in the corner of the end zone. His excitement over their intensity and aggressive playing with a never give up attitude was his true focus. It was truly a win for his 4A program competing against a large 5A team. 

3 minutes ago, orwin231 said:

Not sure you got all of your facts straight onThursdays game but that seems to be your way. It was in fact his varsity playing against OR the entire first half.  I was actually on the field during coach Spradlin’s after game speech in the corner of the end zone. His excitement over their intensity and aggressive playing with a never give up attitude was his true focus. It was truly a win for his 4A program competing against a large 5A team. 

Seems to be my way??   What part of my statement was incorrect?

5 minutes ago, orwin231 said:

And no.   It was not the varsity.   The backups were in when OR scored its 2nd TD..   I’m not trying to bash OR, they are a good team….  It was a good “practice” for both teams.

19 minutes ago, orwin231 said:

I actually just now went back and watched the Hudl film just to make sure my “facts were straight”   First.   It’s all about getting work in….  I just saw where OR fans were claiming “victory”.  And yes they had 14-13 when the clock ran out….  But.   Just to be fair

There were no starters in the game for GHS for the entire second scoring drive of OR, OR starters were still in…..TD pass from their starter to Heyward.    Also GHS starting O was out after that….   Brandon…(kicker) did not play.   Again.  Not trying to bash OR (great team).  But if you want facts…..

Edited by Ffball9999
Error

30 minutes ago, Ffball9999 said:

I actually just now went back and watched the Hudl film just to make sure my “facts were straight”   First.   It’s all about getting work in….  I just saw where OR fans were claiming “victory”.  And yes they had 14-13 when the clock ran out….  But.   Just to be fair

There were no starters in the game for GHS for the entire second scoring drive of OR, OR starters were still in…..TD pass from their starter to Heyward.    Also GHS starting O was out after that….   Brandon…(kicker) did not play.   Again.  Not trying to bash OR (great team).  But if you want facts…..

I definitely could have been mistaken on Greenville’s player substitution. It really was good work for both teams. OR has improved from week to week in their scrimmages. As a wildcat alum and fan I’m excited for the season

7 minutes ago, orwin231 said:

I definitely could have been mistaken on Greenville’s player substitution. It really was good work for both teams. OR has improved from week to week in their scrimmages. As a wildcat alum and fan I’m excited for the season

As you should be….   They should have a great year…. Again.   Not trying to bash anyone…

Both squads got some really good work from what I hear (for what it’s worth, I wasn’t able to go), and I have a feeling both will be really good in their respective classes. The final score is pretty meaningless, as far as this OR fan is concerned. Best wishes to Greeneville and their fans, they’re a good bunch of fans from my limited experience with them on here.

• Upvote 1