AAAA title chase wide open?

TribalEmpire

1 minute ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Weird, I wonder if there's a story behind that?  Multiple players out for Bearden or something? Harden Valley is pretty good, but not that good. 

Yeah, I don’t know man. Could’ve just been one of those nights where nothing is falling for ya. Happened to us against Cleveland a month or so ago. Lost by over 20 to them. Couldn’t do nothing right. Kinda what happened to UT against Florida last night. That’s basketball for you.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:25 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Weird, I wonder if there's a story behind that?  Multiple players out for Bearden or something? Harden Valley is pretty good, but not that good. 

HV was up by 2 points with about a minute to go in the 1st half and then hit back to back 3's (one at the buzzer) to go up by 8 at halftime.   Bearden then walked out of the halftime locker room with about 5 seconds on the clock and didn't get a chance to warm up for the 2nd half.  HV then proceeded to go on a 17 or 19 point run to start the 2nd half and that was all she wrote for the Bulldogs.  Bearden is in danger of not advancing to the Regional Tournament for the first time in probably 30 years if they don't beat Maryville next Thursday night.  They are a very young team, but this is very uncharacteristic of the Bulldogs that I am use to seeing.

Speaking of someone in danger of not making the regional... wonder when the last time Science Hill didn't at least get to the regional in both boys and girls in the same season.  Both are in danger of not making it as both have to play the play in game in the D1-4A tournament Monday.

The boys play Daniel Boone who has the state's top scorer and the girls play D-B who started 0-6 in the conference  and were looking abysmal but all of a sudden have found something as they've beaten #6 3A Greeneville, beat Science Hill by 34 and beat regular season champion Crockett in three of their last four.

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Speaking of someone in danger of not making the regional... wonder when the last time Science Hill didn't at least get to the regional in both boys and girls in the same season.  Both are in danger of not making it as both have to play the play in game in the D1-4A tournament Monday.

The boys play Daniel Boone who has the state's top scorer and the girls play D-B who started 0-6 in the conference  and were looking abysmal but all of a sudden have found something as they've beaten #6 3A Greeneville, beat Science Hill by 34 and beat regular season champion Crockett in three of their last four.

I would imagine it has been a LONG time ago since that has happened.

4 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I wouldn't sleep on Science Hill. They've won their last two games. I don't think they've won two in a row all season. And against two decent teams. And they beat Daniel Boone the last time they played a couple weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how they do against Greeneville tonight. 

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I wouldn't sleep on Science Hill. They've won their last two games. I don't think they've won two in a row all season. And against two decent teams. And they beat Daniel Boone the last time they played a couple weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how they do against Greeneville tonight. 

They won in a ridiculously low scoring game 38-36.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, but still won. Greeneville is obviously one of the top teams in upper east tn. so might as well say it. Science Hill is back. DB had better be on alert when they play. 

They have to get through Boone tonight at the TAC before D-B will have to worry about them.  If they don't, the Hill will be getting out the baseballs.