Round 2 of Jackson South Side versus South Gibson!

HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

District is in South Gibson 

Region is in Chester County! 

Nobody is safe this year! Anybody can win this tournament! The district & region is very weak! Win the games that matter & see how far you go 

I will bet big money that South Side and South Gibson both make substate easily. I will bet big money that South Side makes state. Until last game I thought South Gibson would beat Creekwood in substate but I am not so sure now. Creekwood is a pretty tall team and I am not so sure South Gibson can match up with them with their guard oriented lineup. 

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I will bet big money that South Side and South Gibson both make substate easily. I will bet big money that South Side makes state. Until last game I thought South Gibson would beat Creekwood in substate but I am not so sure now. Creekwood is a pretty tall team and I am not so sure South Gibson can match up with them with their guard oriented lineup. 

I’ve seen both Creek Wood and South Gibson a couple times this season. Also saw them play each other at Wayne Co this past summer. IF that’s the substate game, it’s a 50/50 game. If they played 10 times, I think they’d split 5-5. 

2 minutes ago, maddams said:

I’ve seen both Creek Wood and South Gibson a couple times this season. Also saw them play each other at Wayne Co this past summer. IF that’s the substate game, it’s a 50/50 game. If they played 10 times, I think they’d split 5-5. 

We played South Gibson twice and we were more threatened at our place but we still won by 13 or 14 in both games. They seem to play a lot of guards and set their posts, even Reed sat a lot against us. They had small guards guarding two 6 foot posts a lot of the South Side game. 

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We played South Gibson twice and we were more threatened at our place but we still won by 13 or 14 in both games. They seem to play a lot of guards and set their posts, even Reed sat a lot against us. They had small guards guarding two 6 foot posts a lot of the South Side game. 

I think Reed is #12 for SG? Not sure. If I’m right, she’s not really a post player, just has a lot of length. Neither Creek Wood or SG has true post players. It’s what makes this matchup interesting. Burgess for CW and Allen for SG are very similar players. Honestly, these entire teams are very similar.  I hope they matchup; it should make for a good game.

1 minute ago, maddams said:

I think Reed is #12 for SG? Not sure. If I’m right, she’s not really a post player, just has a lot of length. Neither Creek Wood or SG has true post players. It’s what makes this matchup interesting. Burgess for CW and Allen for SG are very similar players. Honestly, these entire teams are very similar.  I hope they matchup; it should make for a good game.

Will be interesting for sure. South Gibson had lots of trouble with us in half court sets. They don’t seem to attack the rim much either. They like to shoot three’s and try to create transition off of full court pressure. They are a pretty good team but it will be interesting to see what happens. Can go either way like you said. 

21 minutes ago, maddams said:

It will definitely be a good one. I have South Gibson going on the road & beating CW in a dog fight! Both teams are very similar but I have SG a more of a complete team. Burgess is good but one person will not beat a good team imo

46 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Round 3 of SS versus SG this Saturday for the district championship in South Gibson….. who do you have? 

SS by 18 plus. SS is tournament battle-tested, and Coach B will have his team focused. I don't think SG can handle the 4 quarters of pressure that SS will bring the entire game. To be in the game with SS, it's going to take a team with a dominant point guard, two other very good supporting guards who can handle the ball and shoot it very well, and a team that will have to be nearly even on the boards with rebounding numbers. 

58 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Round 3 of SS versus SG this Saturday for the district championship in South Gibson….. who do you have? 

South Side by 25. It is post season and I don't see South Side experimenting with line ups from this point forward so they will play their main players the entire game. That will be trouble for South Gibson. They just don't match up

18 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Side by 25. It is post season and I don't see South Side experimenting with line ups from this point forward so they will play their main players the entire game. That will be trouble for South Gibson. They just don't match up

I agree it will be a comfortable double digit margin. But South Side is probably the best team in the state. Going to be lots of teams in panick mode when they play them with all the pressure. South Gibson will battle a while but South Side is a different animal. I would see South Gibson making a good state run if shots are falling though

I think this is probably a 12-15 point South Side win. 

Foul trouble could play a role in this game.  Neither team has much depth.  Foul trouble for South Gibson could turn this into a blowout quickly.  Foul trouble for South Side could make this a tight game down the stretch.

Really good possibility that these two teams play a fourth time the following week.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I think this is probably a 12-15 point South Side win. 

Foul trouble could play a role in this game.  Neither team has much depth.  Foul trouble for South Gibson could turn this into a blowout quickly.  Foul trouble for South Side could make this a tight game down the stretch.

Really good possibility that these two teams play a fourth time the following week.

A 4th contest will definitely happen. Seeing the other district has already made that clear. Chester, Lexington, McNairy and Hardin Co do not stand a chance vs South Gibson or South Side. 

Edited by BallIsLife1