Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

30 minutes ago, RollTribe105 said:

Disappointing news with Gillespie. Really wish the best for him, silly mistakes as a teenager. I wish times news could’ve released it another way. They didn’t need to blast him like that. From what I’ve seen with Poore the past 7 years, he will handle this the right way. 

I might be the only one but from the info we have seen I probably would lean towards playing him. How many high school basketball players do you think were doing a little drinking this past Saturday night. Even on teams that are in the final 8. I guess it's all about not getting caught though. 

• Like 1

Hate it for DB, as it will hurt their chances, but I don’t Gillespie playing again. If this was a one time thing, maybe, but the fact is this is the second time this school year that he’s gotten into trouble. I just don’t see any way Poore and the administration allow him to play. 

Edited by WBNC83

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I might be the only one but from the info we have seen I probably would lean towards playing him. How many high school basketball players do you think were doing a little drinking this past Saturday night. Even on teams that are in the final 8. I guess it's all about not getting caught though. 

Getting caught for a second time is probably going to be the big issue here. 

Edited by WBNC83

54 minutes ago, TennesseeBuffalo said:

Was the first offense a DUI?

39 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

From what I heard it was, but he was a minor. Not 100% on the full story. 

I believe the first was marijuana.  He was with Dabbs of Greeneville when it happened, I do know that.

Dabbs was suspended till after the first of the new year for his role.  Gillespie only sat out three games. 

Edited by TribalEmpire

2 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

I believe the first was marijuana.  He was with Dabbs of Greeneville when it happened, I do know that.

Dabbs was suspended till after the first of the season for his role.  Gillespie only sat out three games. 

If it was his first time I don’t care to play him but after this you can’t play him. I don’t see how he can be changed with DUI. I guess the only way is that push button ignition.