Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians

DBGRAD70

37 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

A huge blow to DB's chances of repeating as State Champs. 

Technically it happened off campus so the school does not have to do anything till convicted. Innocent till proven guilty. 

Now the PR of that move would be awful. 

Kinda like Lamon* Williams back in the day for football.

*Spelling unknown

Edited by lumberjackmak

21 minutes ago, lumberjackmak said:

Technically it happened off campus so the school does not have to do anything till convicted. Innocent till proven guilty. 

Now the PR of that move would be awful. 

Kinda like Lamon* Williams back in the day for football.

*Spelling unknown

This would be the second offense as he missed the first several games of the season due to something similar.  First offense, I would chalk it up to being young and irresponsible and forgivable.  Second offense should be automatic dismissal from the team, no question.

I thought it was a bad look also that Gillespie only sat out a few games, but Dabbs of Greeneville sat out until after the first of the year for a similar offense.

Dabbs was the exact same thing as they were together in November.  Poore agreed to same suspension and then back pedaled on it.  Not surprising as he's not afraid the go against what's ethical (and flirt  with T$$AA rules) if it means Ws. or give in to mommy's telling him their kid will transfer if he doesn't play

Edited by gritsngravy

9 minutes ago, gritsngravy said:

Dabbs was the exact same thing as they were together in November.  Poore agreed to same suspension and then back pedaled on it.  Not surprising as he's not afraid the go against ethical or T$$AA rules if it means Ws. or give in to mommy's telling him their kid will transfer if he doesn't play

It would be all ethical rules, there is not a TSSAA rule that I know of that stops one that is accused of a crime from playing. 

Heck a fast scrub of the rules and I didn't see anything about having a Felony being against the rules. As long as he is still in class and has the grades is all I found.