A sectional upsets

cobrakid8

Some notable wins from Section 2 Single A… 

- Tyson Click (SESI) (9th grade) over Maddox Gilkey (Hixson) (12th Grade) Fall: 

- Daniel Odom (SM) over Keanan Cummings (Marion County) 6-3 decision. Keanan was leading 3-1 before Odom got a takedown and three near-fall points late in the third period. All around a great match between two great wrestlers. 

-  Elijah Turner (SD) over Wyatt Howard (PF) 3-1 SV-1 (Overtime). 

There were plenty of great matches today with Signal Mountain wrestling great and taking 1st with a team score of 164. Nine wrestlers from Signal will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

Pigeon Forge took second with a team score of 155. Nine wrestlers from Pigeon Forge will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

Soddy Daisy took third with a team score of 129. Eight wrestlers from Soddy Daisy will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

42 minutes ago, masonlillard said:

Some notable wins from Section 2 Single A… 

- Tyson Click (SESI) (9th grade) over Maddox Gilkey (Hixson) (12th Grade) Fall: 

- Daniel Odom (SM) over Keanan Cummings (Marion County) 6-3 decision. Keanan was leading 3-1 before Odom got a takedown and three near-fall points late in the third period. All around a great match between two great wrestlers. 

-  Elijah Turner (SD) over Wyatt Howard (PF) 3-1 SV-1 (Overtime). 

There were plenty of great matches today with Signal Mountain wrestling great and taking 1st with a team score of 164. Nine wrestlers from Signal will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

Pigeon Forge took second with a team score of 155. Nine wrestlers from Pigeon Forge will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

Soddy Daisy took third with a team score of 129. Eight wrestlers from Soddy Daisy will advance to the State Tournament next week. 

This is the time of year that what ifs really really suck, and of course screws up are magnified. Soddy missing 2 possible high placing kids killed their chances to win today. 106 wins that class today with prob close to 24 points, I have a feeling Flavin would have been RU to Jojo. At this point I don’t care about team points, I care about how many they carry to state and in the end how many placers they end up with. This region is tough, prob tougher than any other, it’s why as good as Signal is they only take 9 and same with PF while Halls is taking 13 or 14. will be hard to keep up with that on a team level, but Signal has 3 champs and in at least 1 weight class we prob saw the finals of state next week with Ethan and Cable. Was worth the price of admission itself. Good luck to all the kids that qualified for state and those that didn’t, it’s time to get back to work and be ready to be better for next season! 

oh also Laxton not even qualifying at 195 was kind of an upset, Soddy’s heavy’s kind of proved that aren’t at that level yet since none of them from 182-285 qualified. They really need some good heavies, so it’s for sure time for those guys to get to work.

Edited by cobrakid8

Also, can I ask what they are putting in the water up there in Pigeon Forge? They had a few kids that look like they are in the 20’s and 30’s. I’d never seen Wolfe up close and personal and this is just a joke but he looks like a twice married 30 year old that has to hurry up and pin everyone so he gets home to his 2 kids so his wife can get to work lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Also, can I ask what they are putting in the water up there in Pigeon Forge? They had a few kids that look like they are in the 20’s and 30’s. I’d never seen Wolfe up close and personal and this is just a joke but he looks like a twice married 30 year old that has to hurry up and pin everyone so he gets home to his 2 kids so his wife can get to work lol. 

I can verify he is just 18, drinks plain water, still lives at home and has in fact fathered no children. I think the new facial hair rule does reveal the awesome beard game he has got going on in his gene pool. Photo

Edited by Justhere4myboys
  • Like 2