Fulton/Lenoir City brawl

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, Basketball123456 said:

I was not surprised when I saw this.  This seems to be the culture of one of the teams involved.

Fulton basketball player lost control then two other Fulton players jumped on the LC basketball player. Cheep shots by Fulton players. Refs had to restrain mostly Fulton fans. Why did the Fulton fans have to rush the floor. Are the going to get involved in a brawl that their players started. Fulton girls team and fans out of control. Video on Chanel 8 shows it clearly. If Knox County or TSSAA had any guys then Fulton would sit the rest of the year. It's evident Fulton can't control their players or fans. Stop it before it happens again.

• Like 1

So my question is , are you all going to base your decision off one video which is of a LC fan and clearly yelling, “get your people off!”  I mean , I would love to hear Fulton’s side .  We’ve heard LC’s side since Monday.  

Let’s talk about how LC and Seyquoah both were refusing to play at AE because they supposedly feared for their safety but AE and Fulton both had to go into their hostile environment and play ?  Also, this same LC girls team was in an altercation with AE girls team a few weeks ago at LC.  But the LC people claim nothing was said to cause these two altercations to occur ….. seems kinda fishy to me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

So my question is , are you all going to base your decision off one video which is of a LC fan and clearly yelling, “get your people off!”  I mean , I would love to hear Fulton’s side .  We’ve heard LC’s side since Monday.  

Let’s talk about how LC and Seyquoah both were refusing to play at AE because they supposedly feared for their safety but AE and Fulton both had to go into their hostile environment and play ?  Also, this same LC girls team was in an altercation with AE girls team a few weeks ago at LC.  But the LC people claim nothing was said to cause these two altercations to occur ….. seems kinda fishy to me 

I’m going to base my opinion off of what video evidence is provided not what either team says, so should you Turtle.

From what was posted video wise The Fulton players should be suspended for the rest of the year.  LC player made a tough layup that didn’t sit  well with the Fulton player and the Fulton Player started the altercation and teammates jumped in.  

You bring up other altercations and about what was said or not said.  It doesn’t matter what was said if something turns physical, it’s called self control and not letting words affect you.  Our society is getting to dang soft taking everything someone says to heart…..

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

If you got another video, post it then. It's not hard to see which person threw the punch...enlighten us. 

More context from KNS. I don't have a beef with what TSSAA did in this instance. Based on the only video evidence that has been made public so far, I think they got it right. This didn't turn into an all-out brawl, so I think the punishments were reasonable. I certainly think you could argue that the suspensions were too short, but it is what it is.

That said, I'm interested to hear Fulton's side on this. I'm not sure how anyone can defend what the three attacking players did to the girl who made that layup.

I spoke to an area referee about the incident, he was not at this game, but has talked to referees at this game.

According to him what instigated the incident is the LC player called the Fulton girl who fouled her a "N****r B***H".

Apparently this player had used racial slurs in prior games with both Fulton and Austin-East. It seems the severe white trashiness of some LC players was well known among the officiating community, and I guess the Fulton and Austin-East communities.

I would largely consider myself a pacifist, and have personally never felt convicted to assail someone. But if someone elects to be openly racist in the year 2023 I find it hard to feel sympathy for whatever consequences their actions elicit, including having a few haymakers thrown at them.

An above poster mentioned self control above all, and violence never being excusable, but I have a very hard time agreeing with that if such a vile phrase was spoken.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tspa said:

I spoke to an area referee about the incident, he was not at this game, but has talked to referees at this game.

According to him what instigated the incident is the LC player called the Fulton girl who fouled her a "N****r B***H".

Apparently this player had used racial slurs in prior games with both Fulton and Austin-East. It seems the severe white trashiness of some LC players was well known among the officiating community, and I guess the Fulton and Austin-East communities.

I would largely consider myself a pacifist, and have personally never felt convicted to assail someone. But if someone elects to be openly racist in the year 2023 I find it hard to feel sympathy for whatever consequences their actions elicit, including having a few haymakers thrown at them.

An above poster mentioned self control above all, and violence never being excusable, but I have a very hard time agreeing with that if such a vile phrase was spoken.

So just end up throwing in punches everytime someone says something to . That solves all the problems. You either are a heck of a fighter or grew up in a gated community with 24 hour security. How woke can you get.

18 minutes ago, tspa said:

It's always the racial slur excuse with this situation that throws the blame because someone doesn't want to admit they were wrong. I never knew someone could be prosecuted for calling names, but in the real world that was an assault. Some people better grow up or face the consequences, jail or getting your but whipped in the real world.