Fulton/Lenoir City brawl

TribalEmpire

5 hours ago, Turtle said:

So my question is , are you all going to base your decision off one video which is of a LC fan and clearly yelling, “get your people off!”  I mean , I would love to hear Fulton’s side .  We’ve heard LC’s side since Monday.  

Let’s talk about how LC and Seyquoah both were refusing to play at AE because they supposedly feared for their safety but AE and Fulton both had to go into their hostile environment and play ?  Also, this same LC girls team was in an altercation with AE girls team a few weeks ago at LC.  But the LC people claim nothing was said to cause these two altercations to occur ….. seems kinda fishy to me 

Still haven't heard from Fulton and probably won't. You have already stated enough excuses for them. Big eye on the sky don't lie. You trying to coattail Fulton on an A-E excuse. That was weak. If Fulton can't stand on their own without having A-E taking up for them they are weak. All this is weak. Fulton players attacked the LC player. Bottom line. If there was a fight at  an athlete contest in high school every time someone called someone a name then there would never be a complete game.

29 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Still haven't heard from Fulton and probably won't. You have already stated enough excuses for them. Big eye on the sky don't lie. You trying to coattail Fulton on an A-E excuse. That was weak. If Fulton can't stand on their own without having A-E taking up for them they are weak. All this is weak. Fulton players attacked the LC player. Bottom line. If there was a fight at  an athlete contest in high school every time someone called someone a name then there would never be a complete game.

I only repeated what I was told from what I feel is a reliable source about the incident, and that LC has players that have a reputation for using racially derogatory language. This person could have completely made that up, but I doubt it. It was also a white person who received this information from another white person, and no parties involved have any affiliation with either school.

But what I find most hard to believe is that you can equate using the most vile, hateful word in the English language to "name calling".

I hate to assume anything about anyone, but maybe you are a white person and there is no word you can be called that is remotely equivalent. Thus maybe, if you wholly lack empathy, there is no way you understand the level of degradation and hatred that word carries.

It is a word developed and used to suggest that black people lack any humanity, and that they are inherently subhuman. That their very lives are only of commercial value and only to be continued at the whims of a white man. It suggests their bodies exist for the pleasure or profits of another person. The word suggests that they can be defiled or mutilated like any other piece of property with no moral quandary arising. It suggest an inherent inferiority of black people and it suggest the user's desire for a world in which black people are treated as less than.

The word is not "name calling" it is an expression of support of the highest level of evil our society has ever participated in en masse. If you can not understand that, maybe you need to spend some time in prayer and reflection.

I would absolutely prefer to live in a society where no one ever threw a punch, but I find racism incomparably worse.  Throwing a punch is a momentary lapse in self control. Using that word comes after a long term development of a truly evil world outlook, and that in my mind is a much bigger problem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tspa said:

I only repeated what I was told from what I feel is a reliable source about the incident, and that LC has players that have a reputation for using racially derogatory language. This person could have completely made that up, but I doubt it. It was also a white person who received this information from another white person, and no parties involved have any affiliation with either school.

But what I find most hard to believe is that you can equate using the most vile, hateful word in the English language to "name calling".

I hate to assume anything about anyone, but maybe you are a white person and there is no word you can be called that is remotely equivalent. Thus maybe, if you wholly lack empathy, there is no way you understand the level of degradation and hatred that word carries.

It is a word developed and used to suggest that black people lack any humanity, and that they are inherently subhuman. That their very lives are only of commercial value and only to be continued at the whims of a white man. It suggests their bodies exist for the pleasure or profits of another person. The word suggests that they can be defiled or mutilated like any other piece of property with no moral quandary arising. It suggest an inherent inferiority of black people and it suggest the user's desire for a world in which black people are treated as less than.

The word is not "name calling" it is an expression of support of the highest level of evil our society has ever participated in en masse. If you can not understand that, maybe you need to spend some time in prayer and reflection.

I would absolutely prefer to live in a society where no one ever threw a punch, but I find racism incomparably worse.  Throwing a punch is a momentary lapse in self control. Using that word comes after a long term development of a truly evil world outlook, and that in my mind is a much bigger problem.

If the LC player actually did use this evil so called racial slur, does it mean that she is a racist, no. She would be biased or bigoted. She has, as an individual no real power over another race of people. She has no Plus you assume l am white. You don't know me. You assume. You assume that LC is white trash. How do you know how it would make someone feel if they were called white trash. You have equated that name to be socially acceptable especially on Coach T. But this other evil word you rate above and other evil word represents the worse ever in our society. So this evil was worse than anything in society. Are you using the bounds of just the US, or society as a whole in the world. If that is you opinion l would like your opinion of the Holocaust, The trail of tears, ( l would include the attempted systematic elimination of native American people), the Jewish people enslaved in Egypt . I could go on. Maybe there is some ideas to reflect and pray on. I also noticed that only the so called universal white man is to blame for this in your opinion. Did you know black people owned slaves in the US during the Antebellum time period? You could reflect and pray on that also. No one is exempt from bigotry, biased, racism, evil, and sin, because we are human. No one is immune. That's what l understand from my times of prayer, reflection, and a thorough study of history.

I should know better than get started in this thread, but here goes.

Many years ago, I hired a black man to help in my construction business. He and I were drinking coffee at a store counter waiting for our order to be filled. An old man, who worked there, was chatting about the Bill Cosby Show that had been on the previous night.

He said, "Did you see that N&^%$* last night?"

There were several others standing there, and you could have heard a pin drop. Obviously, the old man had forgotten who was part of his audience.

We finished our coffee, got our material and left. After we were riding in my truck for a few blocks, the guy helping me said, in a fake laugh, "Huh, Huh, Huh, Huh."

I knew why he was sort of laughing, and I told him I was sorry that it happened.

He told me that if he really thought the old man had meant it and was directing the pejorative toward him in a hateful way, he'd have "slapped the s... out of him."

The player who allegedly called the other player a N-B should have known what would transpire. She allowed her temper to get the better of her, with the result becoming physical and dangerous. She was in the wrong.

Regarding what black people may call each other, and what may be perceived as a double standard: I equate that as being no different than names people of the same nationality or race call each other. Whether they become insults depends on who is using them and the spirit in which they are used. I chalk it up to human nature, which is hard to understand at times.

Regarding the one brief video, it looked like a coach was hard at work keeping his team off of the court and near the bench. I hope that every coach will sit his/her team down and explain what was wrong in this instance and let them know the eventual consequences. Every season should begin with a lecture on sportsmanship and disciplined behavior.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What do we think about the actual TSSAA ruling?  Did they apply the rules the same as the did against my Ads last postseason?  This other discussion is pointless IMO to have because we do not actually know what was said.  All we can go on is the video evidence and the text from TSSAA.  Kids lose their tempers regardless of what words are used all the time, AND fans obviously are not setting a very good example of sportsmanship for their players in that district overall.  I think we can all agree on those two points. 

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I should know better than get started in this thread, but here goes.

Many years ago, I hired a black man to help in my construction business. He and I were drinking coffee at a store counter waiting for our order to be filled. An old man, who worked there, was chatting about the Bill Cosby Show that had been on the previous night.

He said, "Did you see that N&^%$* last night?"

There were several others standing there, and you could have heard a pin drop. Obviously, the old man had forgotten who was part of his audience.

We finished our coffee, got our material and left. After we were riding in my truck for a few blocks, the guy helping me said, in a fake laugh, "Huh, Huh, Huh, Huh."

I knew why he was sort of laughing, and I told him I was sorry that it happened.

He told me that if he really thought the old man had meant it and was directing the pejorative toward him in a hateful way, he'd have "slapped the s... out of him."

The player who allegedly called the other player a N-B should have known what would transpire. She allowed her temper to get the better of her, with the result becoming physical and dangerous. She was in the wrong.

Regarding what black people may call each other, and what may be perceived as a double standard: I equate that as being no different than names people of the same nationality or race call each other. Whether they become insults depends on who is using them and the spirit in which they are used. I chalk it up to human nature, which is hard to understand at times.

Regarding the one brief video, it looked like a coach was hard at work keeping his team off of the court and near the bench. I hope that every coach will sit his/her team down and explain what was wrong in this instance and let them know the eventual consequences. Every season should begin with a lecture on sportsmanship and disciplined behavior.

You are lost and your beau of thinking just gives the green light to acceptable violence on a basketball court. So let's solve this problem. At the beginning of every high school athletic competition the officials should notify both coaches what words can and can't be used and which team  specifically can use such words and which team can't. And if one person from one team says this on specific word well you know what is going to happen so you are at fault. Also there are really no words that the other team can use that should cause a violent reaction. Let's do better and let the TSSAA decide what words can or can't be be used and a history/cultural lesson should be taught on words and their acceptable or evident reaction. You might say this is stupid and senseless. So is a  so called you should have known what you would get violent reaction to a word. 

the ramifications of this brawl will be shown real soon:

Fulton will get past redbank round 1, but can they survive round 2. The winner of SD/Sequoyah will be a tough opponent. Soddy is very good and Sequoyah has arguably the most prepared coach in 3A under Bowers

LC has a tough first matchup vs East Ham, they will need that home crowd to urge them to a victory, then they get signal next. ouch. 

On 2/22/2023 at 6:28 PM, Swipes said:

I’m going to base my opinion off of what video evidence is provided not what either team says, so should you Turtle.

From what was posted video wise The Fulton players should be suspended for the rest of the year.  LC player made a tough layup that didn’t sit  well with the Fulton player and the Fulton Player started the altercation and teammates jumped in.  

You bring up other altercations and about what was said or not said.  It doesn’t matter what was said if something turns physical, it’s called self control and not letting words affect you.  Our society is getting to dang soft taking everything someone says to heart…..

Video DOES NOT SHOW what the young lady did after she made the layup .  Did she get in the Fulton players face after making the layup?  Shoot , she had to do something for her to be suspended !  

On 2/22/2023 at 10:54 PM, BigTime1950 said:

I’m not taking up for Fulton , I’m taking up for AE .  Because 1 LC is blaming AE for everything 

On 2/23/2023 at 1:44 AM, BigTime1950 said:

If the LC player actually did use this evil so called racial slur, does it mean that she is a racist, no. She would be biased or bigoted. She has, as an individual no real power over another race of people. She has no Plus you assume l am white. You don't know me. You assume. You assume that LC is white trash. How do you know how it would make someone feel if they were called white trash. You have equated that name to be socially acceptable especially on Coach T. But this other evil word you rate above and other evil word represents the worse ever in our society. So this evil was worse than anything in society. Are you using the bounds of just the US, or society as a whole in the world. If that is you opinion l would like your opinion of the Holocaust, The trail of tears, ( l would include the attempted systematic elimination of native American people), the Jewish people enslaved in Egypt . I could go on. Maybe there is some ideas to reflect and pray on. I also noticed that only the so called universal white man is to blame for this in your opinion. Did you know black people owned slaves in the US during the Antebellum time period? You could reflect and pray on that also. No one is exempt from bigotry, biased, racism, evil, and sin, because we are human. No one is immune. That's what l understand from my times of prayer, reflection, and a thorough study of history.

I have no idea what was said if anything. However, I’ll answer your question. If someone in this day and time is still throwing that word around, yes, they are in fact racist. There is no excuse for it. People should know better. 

Thanks for the history lesson.

Edited by Waker

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Video DOES NOT SHOW what the young lady did after she made the layup .  Did she get in the Fulton players face after making the layup?  Shoot , she had to do something for her to be suspended !  

If you knew anything about high school athletics and saw a fight and saw the consequences you would know why the LC player is suspended. Even if a player is hit,  attacked of whatever is done to them like the Fulton players did to the LC player if you retaliate, like the LC player did by pushing back, you get suspended also. The only way you don't get suspended is you just stand there and let the one Fulton player and the other Fulton players beat the crap out of you. Most people when the are attacked will try to defend themselves. There is no video evidence that the LC player provoked the attack.