Region 7 AAA tournament

ball21

Dyer County won. A very competitive game. DC pulled away late and Crocket made a run. If DC had have hit their free-throws it would not have gotten as close in the last 2 minutes of the 4th. Dyersburg came back from down 4 at the half to win by 8. Obion just looks so mechanical in their offensive sets while Dyersburg must have shot 70% or better and very athletic.   Now both Dyersburg and DC have a shot at the Glass House with a win next Saturday night wherever they play in the Sub State.

7 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Dyer County won. A very competitive game. DC pulled away late and Crocket made a run. If DC had have hit their free-throws it would not have gotten as close in the last 2 minutes of the 4th. Dyersburg came back from down 4 at the half to win by 8. Obion just looks so mechanical in their offensive sets while Dyersburg must have shot 70% or better and very athletic.   Now both Dyersburg and DC have a shot at the Glass House with a win next Saturday night wherever they play in the Sub State.

Dyersburg and Dyer County always is very talented. Big wins last night. Fayette Ware will be a challenge whoever has to play them. 

7 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

Any info on Melrose?  Have not seen much or heard much on their squad.

I have seen Melrose, not very good at all. They are very undisciplined & whoever goes to them will be in a hostile environment. Although I haven’t personally seen DC I believe all three west Tn teams will beat melrose. 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I have seen Melrose, not very good at all. They are very undisciplined & whoever goes to them will be in a hostile environment. Although I haven’t personally seen DC I believe all three west Tn teams will beat melrose. 

Congratulations Hawk!! I kinda figured that. I hadn’t seen them or Fayette Ware but looking at schedules Fayette Ware even though I heard they lost a couple has been pretty good. Dyersburg if Crawford gets hot is tough as well. 

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations Hawk!! I kinda figured that. I hadn’t seen them or Fayette Ware but looking at schedules Fayette Ware even though I heard they lost a couple has been pretty good. Dyersburg if Crawford gets hot is tough as well. 

Thanks and same to y’all! FW will be back at state, even with losing their 3 best players to transfer. Even tho they aren’t that good but they don’t play any competition on that side! I would love to pull FW 1st round at state. If Crawford gets hot look out! But dburg will be in Murfreesboro for the next few years 

Its going to be a battle between these rival schools for the region title.Most people thought Dyersburg was a year away but they have shocked a lot of people with the very young team they have maybe the youngest in the state. which every team win will beat melrose the other one will have to play to beat FW. 

3 hours ago, ball21 said:

Its going to be a battle between these rival schools for the region title.Most people thought Dyersburg was a year away but they have shocked a lot of people with the very young team they have maybe the youngest in the state. which every team win will beat melrose the other one will have to play to beat FW. 

I am a Dburg fan and I was one of the ones that felt like they were a year away, so I am pleasantly surprised. I still think they are a year away from competing for a state title, but if they could make a state tourney appearance this year that would be huge. I am expecting them to be a regular in Murfreesboro for atleast the next 3 years.