Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

Its no fun when you lose and it sometimes worse when you probably could have won. 4 turnovers could have gotten us blown out. Good defense made it respectable. Mavs have a lot of work to do make it and be ready for playoffs. At least we know where to start and we are halfway there i believe. OL pass protection QB receivers pass consistency same page and QB comfortability or do we need to implement a new system. Moog and OL blocking were great.

Science Hill comes to town. Betsy manhandled SH Defence and offence. Again its all about learning and staying healthy. So any win is a win. We just need to grow. We have growing pains win or lose if we are getting better staying healthy we will look good for another playoff run. And right now Pearl Cohen in the west is a Monster.

41 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

There is a reason he bounces around.

Well a little more time will tell but the Mavs can't wait too long or have too much patience. Good thing is we still have time. And I feel bad for our QB kid but it's all about his whole team that we have to also consider and that makes it tough. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

18 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well a little more time will tell but the Mavs can't wait too long or have too much patience. Good thing is we still have time. And I feel bad for our QB kid but it's all about his whole team that we have to also consider and that makes it tough. 

True Mav. Sometimes when people hit a brick wall they are done. Maybe your QB is smarter today, more coachable, more disciplined. He has a good coach in Davy and a good supportive program around him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That's the issue Mav you have a QB that's an individual an not a team player. Talent only gets you so far. Y'all lost a heck of a leader in Martinez. He had the ability to call audibles and consistently made good discussions. Those are definitely some big shoes for anyone to fill. 

Just now, JMorton said:

I don’t see how three schools in four years makes anyone want to recruit you. It’s clear when things don’t go your way you pack up and head elsewhere. 

Just now, JMorton said:

I don’t see how three schools in four years makes anyone want to recruit you. It’s clear when things don’t go your way you pack up and head elsewhere. 

Totally agree JM, the kid maybe ok, I sure don’t know, but you get the daddy as well. PS your young man looks ready for another slobber knocking year as a college LB!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Totally agree JM, the kid maybe ok, I sure don’t know, but you get the daddy as well. PS your young man looks ready for another slobber knocking year as a college LB!

He’s the happiest he’s been since he left EHS. Being in a program with culture and high expectations is what he’s used to. I think he’s going to get the most out of his last two seasons. As far as the QB, I hope the best for him. I would place blame for his movement on the parents. Sometimes in life you have to push through the adversity and win the position the old fashioned way. 

8 minutes ago, JMorton said:

He’s the happiest he’s been since he left EHS. Being in a program with culture and high expectations is what he’s used to. I think he’s going to get the most out of his last two seasons. As far as the QB, I hope the best for him. I would place blame for his movement on the parents. Sometimes in life you have to push through the adversity and win the position the old fashioned way. 

Amen!!

1 hour ago, JMorton said:

I want to think if the Mavs QB can become comfortable with all receivers that he could become like former Mav QB Martin but he does not have that speed. If he's going to scramble all year then the receivers need to know and adjust every play. We can't depend on bombs he has to scramble with receivers on the same page every play for medium yardage most of time and occasionally wide open deep. But he's definitely not there yet. 

3 hours ago, JMorton said:

Not much choice when your asked to leave.