Board of Control agenda 3/1/23

fredjones

On 2/27/2023 at 2:54 PM, sportsfan11212 said:

I don't see this getting overturned.  Its as simple as can be.  I've seen other schools do it, but I assume they haven't been turned in yet because they're not as High-profile as Lipscomb.  

45 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Although, I just read the D2 thread on this, and It's funny that all participants on that board think TSSAA has overreached.  Because all D2 schools do worst than this regularly.  Hilarious.

im curious if you could provide examples of "all D2 schools doing worse regularly"?  or even one example.

anyone know the last time an entire athletic program was placed on probation and what the infraction was?

thanks.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

im curious if you could provide examples of "all D2 schools doing worse regularly"?  or even one example.

anyone know the last time an entire athletic program was placed on probation and what the infraction was?

thanks.

I won't be, mainly because it's not convenient.  D2 schools are usually smart enough to keep their transgressions off of social media.  

But the examples would be blatant recruiting, which are prevalent throughout the d2 landscape.  If a kid has been public his whole career, started at a public high school football camp in june, and then went private prior to the start of the season, he was recruited.  It's a common story, and it's a TSSAA violation, but we can only ever prove it if the kid turns down the offer and the offer was made in writing.  Most of yall are smart enough not to do that.  Don't make it right though.

37 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I won't be, mainly because it's not convenient.  D2 schools are usually smart enough to keep their transgressions off of social media.  

But the examples would be blatant recruiting, which are prevalent throughout the d2 landscape.  If a kid has been public his whole career, started at a public high school football camp in june, and then went private prior to the start of the season, he was recruited.  It's a common story, and it's a TSSAA violation, but we can only ever prove it if the kid turns down the offer and the offer was made in writing.  Most of yall are smart enough not to do that.  Don't make it right though.

that is convenient. 

lots of examples of kids leaving private to finish at public.  I'm sure that's all above board i'm sure.

5 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

that is convenient. 

lots of examples of kids leaving private to finish at public.  I'm sure that's all above board i'm sure.

They have to move 20 miles away or the prior school has to sign off on it.  So yeah, its all above board.

4 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

They have to move 20 miles away or the prior school has to sign off on it.  So yeah, its all above board.

In fact, usually when a kid leaves a private to go to a public, the last thing Private school guys should want is an investigation from TSSAA.

We shall all see just how far Lipscomb wants to push the issue and fight the TSSAA.  Let's all remember that the last time the TSSAA was in a legal battle with a school (Brentwood Academy) it all but placed a stranglehold on the TSSAA's finances due to the legal fees and came very close to making them insolvent.  My recommendation is that all of the D2 schools need to leave the TSSAA and form their own association.