Smith County’s Head Coach

UCSportsFan

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Dude is mediocre.  He's not bad, but he's not great.  Nowhere near coach of the year dude.  Plus, knowing who you are, he's a close personal friend to you, so a little bias there. He's no Mcwilliams, or Riddle, so settle down over there.

If you know me, then you know I don’t throw admiration around lightly. I’m not easily impressed. I stand by what I said. Now if you want to continue this discussion pm me and let me know who I’m talking to. 

21 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If you know me, then you know I don’t throw admiration around lightly. I’m not easily impressed. I stand by what I said. Now if you want to continue this discussion pm me and let me know who I’m talking to. 

He’s a VERY good coach. He will change the culture at Smith co and he’ll attract good players. Winners follow winners and Coach Ferrell is a winner. Smith Co will be a common name in district/region championships in the near future. 

• Like 1

You’re right about one thing Ghost of the Past. He’s no McWilliams because Coach Ferrell actually has some morals. Matt coached my kid for several years, and he has a goal to make girls better players and better people. He knows basketball and is definitely one of the best.

Edited by UCBleacherCreature
  • Upvote 1

As someone who was at the game tonight, I was impressed with Smith County. They seemed to have a strong game plan, missed maybe one free throw, and just seem in general really well-coached on the fundamentals. I’m a bit puzzled by their record. They seem a much better team than 14-18. It may have just been a performance for the ages by them, but they gave a very good Community team all they could handle tonight, including that outrageous three to send it to OT. Nothing to be ashamed about. 

Congrats to Community! You could see how much it meant to them in that gym tonight. And congrats to SC on a great season!