AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

Home advantage is huge. Community should be a big favorite to advance IMO. Senior team with excellent floor awareness and discipline. They have a great shot, playing at home against a Cinderella in Smith County. Can’t count on anything this late in the game, however. But winning the region and avoiding the rampaging beast that is York was enormous. 

York should handle East Nashville. That’s about the extent of my knowledge. Should be a fun classification to watch! 

43 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Loretto vs Gibson County

Westview vs Summertown

Gatlinburg Pittman vs Meigs Co

McMinn Central vs Alcoa

York vs East Nashville

Community vs Smith County

Scotts Hill vs Manassas

Hillcrest vs Riverside

Thoughts? Predictions?

Loretto

Westview

GP

Central 

York

Smith (Upset of the year)

SH

Hillcrest

4 minutes ago, jg2e said:

Home advantage is huge. Community should be a big favorite to advance IMO. Senior team with excellent floor awareness and discipline. They have a great shot, playing at home against a Cinderella in Smith County. Can’t count on anything this late in the game, however. But winning the region and avoiding the rampaging beast that is York was enormous. 

York should handle East Nashville. That’s about the extent of my knowledge. Should be a fun classification to watch! 

No one going to Jamestown and beating York in a substate game. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Loretto vs Gibson County

Westview vs Summertown

Gatlinburg Pittman vs Meigs Co

McMinn Central vs Alcoa

York vs East Nashville

Community vs Smith County

Scotts Hill vs Manassas

Hillcrest vs Riverside

Thoughts? Predictions?

Loretto (maybe lol) 

Westview

GP

Alcoa (I hope)

York

And I'm not familiar enough with the rest. Good luck to all

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

What are the injury situations?  Anyone gonna have to be playing at less than full strength? 

Loretto lost their PG in Sanders which I don’t know a lot about but was All District. Summertown lost 2 maybe 3 starters. Bad deal for them. Prayers for all.

Meigs Co @ Gatlinburg Pittman 
This may be the biggest mismatch in AA Substate action this season. G-P wins by as much as they want.

Alcoa @ McMinn Central
Same two teams from last season meet again.  Alcoa pulled the upset last season at the Round House to advance. 
McMinn Central trounced Alcoa earlier this season by 20+ points.
Should be one of the best AA Substate games.

Gibson County Loretto is a game that should have been played in 2020 when we got sent home. Lots of conversations about “what if’s” regarding the 2020 game. Of course both teams are different now and have lost players especially Loretto losing Karly. Ought to be interesting playing the last game at “The Barn.” Both teams with a ton of tradition and pride. Ought to be a good one. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:18 PM, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County Loretto is a game that should have been played in 2020 when we got sent home. Lots of conversations about “what if’s” regarding the 2020 game. Of course both teams are different now and have lost players especially Loretto losing Karly. Ought to be interesting playing the last game at “The Barn.” Both teams with a ton of tradition and pride. Ought to be a good one. 

Should be a classic! Still bummed about 2020 shutdown. GC got the best of Lo-Town in 2019 State Championship w Karly being a freshman. Sister Ally is a sophomore now and stats are too high not to be considered top 3 in AA in my opinion. Sanders, Corbin, and Judkins out for LHS is a huge hurt, but the rest are bringing it. Won 14 of last 15 after starting 8-7. The Barn will be rocking in it's final game before the new gym opens. Can't wait to see what happens. Region 5 & 6 top 4 should all be in top 8 of State. Sad that 2 of the 4 exit in top 16 tonight. Good luck to all 4! #GoLadyMustangs