AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t guess 6’1 post and 5’10 wing  make much difference 

Of course, it makes a difference. Especially when injuries occur toward the end of the season.

I watched Alcoa and McMinn Central much of the time last night. When I was checking the scores, it looked like Summertown had a chance against Westview. IMO, the loss of key players makes a difference in the fourth quarter. 

Even though your team lost, the experience should carry over to next season as something positive. Here's hoping the kids have great rehabs and are back 100%.

9 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Summertown wasn't going down without a fight and maybe NWHoopaholic can give us some percentages, but I don't believe either team tonight missed a free throw in the entire game, and I've never witnessed that in a high school basketball game ever. Summertown shot the 3 ball very well. It was a good hard-fought game and Summertown could've folded when they were down 14-16 points, but kept fighting. Much respect. 

Congrats as well to GC, SS, South Gibson, Dresden, Peabody, McKenzie, and Dyersburg. The West will be well represented and there should be some great games in the Glass House this upcoming week. 

West also well represented by (and congrats to) Scotts Hill, Riverside, and Dyer County.  And Bartlett too out of Shelby County.  West TN was undefeated vs Middle TN teams in sectionals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Don’t guess 6’1 post and 5’10 wing  make much difference 

They do make it more challenging for sure and may have made the game even better than it was, but I believe Huntingdon & Elizabethton were taller all around. WV's been missing a difference maker as well in the middle due to injury. We've been playing teams all year that are typically taller, and we hope all of those young ladies heal up. Summertown is extremely well-coached and were a scrappy team.  

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

McMinn Central is better than GP, they will be hard to beat.

You saw them both within a few days of each other, so I'll take your word. I watched some of the first half of the G-P / Meigs game and G-P looked very good.... though this Meigs team isn't well coached and self-destructs on their own.

McMinn Central overwhelmed a very solid Alcoa team last night.  And to think they don't have a Senior on their team is even more impressive.

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Dang really? Was they a sleeper team? I missed them this year? I seen Alcoa beat them last year in the sectionals. 

Central is young they have no seniors and they are well coached. Alcoa and GP are neck and neck with each other and I would take Central over either. And remember McMinn Central is the only team to beat Bradley Central. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

You saw them both within a few days of each other, so I'll take your word. I watched some of the first half of the G-P / Meigs game and G-P looked very good.... though this Meigs team isn't well coached and self-destructs on their own.

McMinn Central overwhelmed a very solid Alcoa team last night.  And to think they don't have a Senior on their team is even more impressive.

Alcoa was my pick to be one of the two teams playing for the championship, until Macie Ridge was injured very late in the season. Alcoa losing to Gatlinburg-Pittman in the Region final and having to face McMinn Central made it tough for them two years in a row. MC wasn't going to let Alcoa come into their house and have a repeat.

It's interesting that MC has no seniors. That shouldn't be much of a factor. South Greene won the title in Class A one year, with no seniors and only one junior on their team. (I just had to plug SG :) )

I don't have a dog in the AA fight and look forward to being just an observer. Good Luck to all!

9 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Alcoa was my pick to be one of the two teams playing for the championship, until Macie Ridge was injured very late in the season. Alcoa losing to Gatlinburg-Pittman in the Region final and having to face McMinn Central made it tough for them two years in a row. MC wasn't going to let Alcoa come into their house and have a repeat.

It's interesting that MC has no seniors. That shouldn't be much of a factor. South Greene won the title in Class A one year, with no seniors and only one junior on their team. (I just had to plug SG :) )

I don't have a dog in the AA fight and look forward to being just an observer. Good Luck to all!

No doubt losing Macie was a factor in Alcoa's play in the tourneys and substate  game.

Not only any Seniors on the McMinn Central team, they have a couple great girls coming in as freshmen next season, who just won a Middle School State Championship.

Meigs and South Greene had some classic battles in the early to mid 90's.