MTCS Cougars on the hunt for new coach

CougarDadx2

On 5/17/2023 at 4:54 AM, theawesomebro said:

cougardad, what do you think about peterson getting the gig??

Petey is a good choice. Players love him and he has a good football mind. He is not explosive like Tackett was, but he can coach. Looks like Tackett was the only loss, all the other coaches were here through the spring.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, Playerscoach said:

Should be interesting to see how it shakes out with your opener vs Columbia Academy who returns almost everyone. IMO they are a legit contender. The South Pitt game will be a challenge too. 

The East is there to be had for you guys. The same can be said for JCS in the west.

DCA had the eventual state champion on the ropes and lost in OT. The young freshman and sophomore starters for DCA grew up after starting the year with a loss to you guys that they wish they had back. The middle has the two of the most talented players in the state overall (D1 and D2) in the sophomore class and both will be huge for their NCS and DCA programs. 

Should be a fun year watching each matchup. Best of luck to you guys. 

CA will tell the story quick. Looking forward to SP - I begged for this game for years since that is close to where I grew up. I think we have a better than average shot for the east.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PiratePride23 said:

I don't know much about MTCS. I am still trying to figure out why he scheduled this game too. Privates in Chattanooga are closer than Murfreesboro.

SP does not want the private schools in Chattanooga to see their kids and recruit them.  The fact is that if the top private schools in Chattanooga (Baylor or McCallie) want a kid from SP they will get them provided the kid is academically qualified. 

Edited by cbg

On 5/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

CA will tell the story quick. Looking forward to SP - I begged for this game for years since that is close to where I grew up. I think we have a better than average shot for the east.

Saw lots of their players (Columbia Academy) in track this spring, including their RB, and they looked great. Of all the teams in the middle and east they lost the fewest number of players from last season from what I’ve heard. They have a tough schedule as always but they will be battled tested when the playoffs role around.