Science Hill

WBNC83

Coach Ryan Edwards has built a juggernaut over in Johnson City. 2021 State Champions, 2022 District and Conference Champions, currently 19-1 in 2023 and ranked #1 in 4A. And Johnson City’s middle school won the Middle School Baseball State Championship last year. Very impressed with the programs (middle and high school) they’re building over there.

Edited by WBNC83

14 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

HOW did they just Lose to Greeneville scoring one run? Did i miss something or are the Devils just gonna cruise to a State Title. 

You definitely missed something.  Greeneville is ranked #1 in 3a and only has two losses on the year (Science Hill who they avenged the loss to and Knox Catholic who is top 5 in Division 2-AA).  Greeneville pitched Sophomore Virginia Tech Commit Carson Quillen who threw a complete game three hitter with 7 strike outs. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, Swipes said:

You definitely missed something.  Greeneville is ranked #1 in 3a and only has two losses on the year (Science Hill who they avenged the loss to and Knox Catholic who is top 5 in Division 2-AA).  Greeneville pitched Sophomore Virginia Tech Commit Carson Quillen who threw a complete game three hitter with 7 strike outs. 

I’m in Middle Tn. . So i don’t get to watch what’s going on with the ET teams. I have watched Lincoln Co and they are pretty solid with a D1 pitcher and are awfully good all over the field. Maybe they’ll get to matchup if the stars align correctly. I think the only other team in this Region that might get to the State is Tullahoma. 
They split head to head and won the District when LC inexcusably dropped a game to Page. But it looks like the Devils are going to be a tough out for anyone. 
Thanks for the info. 

Been out of the country and just now catching up. Don’t know if true or not but I heard SH was without several starters due to illness vs Unicoi County. Greeneville is a really good team. No shame in losing that one. SH has run through their district and just won their 5th consecutive district championship today and their 12th under Coach Ryan Edwards.

Edited by WBNC83

Sorta off topic but does anyone know what started the big fight between Unicoi and Elizabethton today. The game was at Cardinal Park in Johnson City. I was told it was a bench clearing fight that involved coaches and players on the field as well as fans fighting in the stands. Said they counted 11 police cars responding. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sorta off topic but does anyone know what started the big fight between Unicoi and Elizabethton today. The game was at Cardinal Park in Johnson City. I was told it was a bench clearing fight that involved coaches and players on the field as well as fans fighting in the stands. Said they counted 11 police cars responding. 

There was an extremely moderate collision (obstruction) with a runner rounding 3rd and 3B just standing on the bag with his teeth in his mouth on a shot down the right field line. There was no immediate play at 3rd, I believe the runner was being held up, but he was still rounding and there were bodies bumping. 

Now allegedly, the runner spat on the 3B, maybe said some words. I couldn't confirm that from where I was sitting. What is clear cut though, is 3B absolutely waylayed the runner after that. Like Manny Pacquiao would have been proud of how fast the kid was landing punches. He was able to land a solid 5 or 6 punches at least before anyone got to him. Erwin bench clears; somebody flies outta Erwin bench like a missile and tackles the puncher. Pitcher then gets involved, then someone tags the pitcher a few times. By that time most, if not all of Elizabethton's bench has cleared. That was all I could clearly make out before complete chaos ensued.

I don't believe any coaches fought. The stands were about 3 seconds from being a melee before a couple level headed parents backed each side down, I didnt see any pounches thrown in the stands. Just some pushing before it was quelled. 

Within 30 seconds both schools had administrative personnel on the field clearing their guys off. Hermitage was called, game was suspended. I'd imagine neither team has enough players to continue due to ejections. I'd personally be surprised if they're not both disqualified from post season. 

Edited by crazzyness

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

There were no coaches fighting and no overwhelming police response 

1 hour ago, Intensity22 said:

There were no coaches fighting and no overwhelming police response 

I got that report from a friend of mine who tends to blow things up. Then I remembered the police station is across the street from Cardinal Park. He probably looked over there and saw a bunch of police cars and decided to add that to the story.