Fayette Academy names new football coach

ReitzFan

1 hour ago, YBsostupid said:

Yes they did.  Including a beat down on TCA.  It was just about 3-4 years ago Lake County won the state championship in a blowout game running our granddaddy's offense.  In fact, Just about every year a wing T or veer offense will win a state championship.  The fact is, however, there are daddies who would rather their boy play QB in a spread offense and go 4-6 instead of playing QB in a veer and go 15-0.  I'm sure Bowling has a lot of experience dealing with this and will show the kids who show up with an attitude the bench and go with the kids that buy in completely.  That might make for an interesting August this year.

You clearly don't watch film on teams and it's showing. If you want TCA to run the veer option, then do it! It doesn't guarantee then wins. And if they don't have any success running it, then they're wasting a talent out at wide receiver.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2023 at 1:28 AM, ReitzFan said:

Who says TCA is going to run Bowling's veer offense? Good coaches adapt to the team they have and what type of offense the players can execute best. 

You have one of the states most talented receivers yardage wise, and you have a young man who is outstanding on defense and can just make you hide in fear with his ability to run past or through you. BTW, he is bigger, faster, and developing new skills y'all haven't seen yet. Also have quite a few youngsters who showed flashes of ability who will be a year older, stronger, and wiser. I think Coach Bowling will surprise you. 

A coach would be crazy not to adapt to their talent. A lesson I learned coaching pee wee ball of all things. But a coach might be even crazier to move away from a system thats netted 4 gold balls. Bowlings crazy like fox though so I'd trust whatever he was doing as a fan or parent.