2023 1A predictions

pegleg

10 hours ago, Sherdog said:

If Dresden beats Mckenzie second game of season then the winner of Region 7 (Dresden,Union City, or Lake County) Mase, and Moore County will all make deep runs and be favored to win it all.

Dresden has enough to worry about in Region 7A, I wouldn't be worried about week 2 with McKenzie. They're in Region 6.

I know there in region 6 but if Dresden goes in and handles Mckenzie easily then more than likely the road to a championship will go thru region 7, Mase, or Moore County. Now on the flipside if Mckenzie handles Dresden easily then things get a lot more interesting for West Tennessee with another contender because Mckenzie will have alot easier region schedule than most teams.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Sherdog said:

I know there in region 6 but if Dresden goes in and handles Mckenzie easily then more than likely the road to a championship will go thru region 7, Mase, or Moore County. Now on the flipside if Mckenzie handles Dresden easily then things get a lot more interesting for West Tennessee with another contender because Mckenzie will have alot easier region schedule than most teams.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that game regardless. Very early in the year and McKenzie is young. My guess is they'll look like a completely different team week 10 or 11 compared to week 2

• 3 weeks later...

South Pittsburg now has the top 2 wide receivers from the last largest camp. Also the #1 QB from that same camp!! Not to mention the 110 and 300 meter Hurdles state champion! South Pittsburg is LOADED and I don’t see anyone slowing them down! Imo

2 hours ago, Geno said:

South Pittsburg now has the top 2 wide receivers from the last largest camp. Also the #1 QB from that same camp!! Not to mention the 110 and 300 meter Hurdles state champion! South Pittsburg is LOADED and I don’t see anyone slowing them down! Imo

Unfortunately we’ve lost more titles through the years than we have won. I hope the team has a great season though. I’m behind them win, lose, or draw. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Unfortunately we’ve lost more titles through the years than we have won. I hope the team has a great season though. I’m behind them win, lose, or draw. 

Can't say it hurts my feelings to see you guys fall short but I think your main problem has been fixed and it already showed in one state championship win. Having a more talented team will win you a lot of games, but when there isn't a clear difference in talent, it usually comes down to making fine tune adjustments. Lots of missed opportunities with the old guard as the lead for sure. 

• Like 1