Where is all the 2023 Greenville talk?!?

blazer1set

I was expecting Greenville to be pretty good this year, not much noise here on the T.    What are your thoughts?    Appears to be a fairly easy schedule, let's do a quick look.....

• Slam-dunk wins for the Devils:   Tennessee High, Cherokee, Morristown West, Volunteer, Sullivan East, Grainger, Northview Academy
  • Highly probable wins for the Devils:  Dobyns-Bennett, Elizabethton
  • Probable losses for the Devils:   Alcoa

So 9-1 is pretty likely, right?

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

I was expecting Greenville to be pretty good this year, not much noise here on the T.    What are your thoughts?    Appears to be a fairly easy schedule, let's do a quick look.....

• Slam-dunk wins for the Devils:   Tennessee High, Cherokee, Morristown West, Volunteer, Sullivan East, Grainger, Northview Academy

Well it might help if you spelt GreenEville correctly.  I figured you would know how to spell it being a Blazer fan. :wink:

Greeneville will be Solid once again.  Return the front 7 on D so don't see alot of teams being able to run against us and return 3 on the Oline and a stable of running backs that will rotate with the smallest being Quillen at 195lbs.  Have some young athletic talent at WR and DB's so we will see how they progress through the year.  Spradlen will have them ready

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well it might help if you spelt GreenEville correctly.  I figured you would know how to spell it being a Blazer fan. :wink:

Greeneville will be Solid once again.  Return the front 7 on D so don't see alot of teams being able to run against us and return 3 on the Oline and a stable of running backs that will rotate with the smallest being Quillen at 195lbs.  Have some young athletic talent at WR and DB's so we will see how they progress through the year.  Spradlen will have them ready

Yep, spelling is everything...   Lord willing I will be in Burley Stadium on Sept 7

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hit enter too soon.....   meant to add this:    You guys will allow a guy wearing a red hat with a big "B" to sit on your side, right?  

As long as it's not Maroon and an A on it :lol:.  Jokes aside your more than welcome blazer along with the Goons from Alcoa too, They are good people and know football.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Probably accurate.  DB will be much improved though. Def quiet in Gville, probably not a good thing for opponents though. Def have a lot of talent and return a lot from last year. 

I heard some great thing yesterday when Greeneville went to Maryville for some 7/7 action. (Yes i know 7/7 isn't real football so take it for what it's worth).

Each team started at the 40 and had 10 plays per series.

Greeneville's QB (Cannon) went 25-30 with 4 dropped without the top two WR's being there ( McMahan 6'4" 215lbs from California and Pillar 6'2 205lb).  Greeneville worked on a lot of crossing and underneath routes while Maryville Db's played off the ball most of the day and when they did come up in press coverage Greeneville went over the top with Success.

Standout young guy for Greeneville was Rising Sophomore Thomas Lollar who has grown both in height and weight from last year.  He went up and just took several balls from them.

Maryville was working two different QB's but couldn't find great accuracy with their passes. (Around 50% completion for the day) and didn't look like they had any standout guys at WR's (Maybe they some guys out also).  They did finally hit a couple of deep balls once the 3rd/freshman team was in.

I know it's just 7/7 but glad the Devils could get after the Rebels.  I'm sure Coach Hunt will have Maryville ready come the start of season and hope they don't have to just rely on Ladue to carry the ball 30 times a game.

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

I heard some great thing yesterday when Greeneville went to Maryville for some 7/7 action. (Yes i know 7/7 isn't real football so take it for what it's worth).

Each team started at the 40 and had 10 plays per series.

Greeneville's QB (Cannon) went 25-30 with 4 dropped without the top two WR's being there ( McMahan 6'4" 215lbs from California and Pillar 6'2 205lb).  Greeneville worked on a lot of crossing and underneath routes while Maryville Db's played off the ball most of the day and when they did come up in press coverage Greeneville went over the top with Success.

Standout young guy for Greeneville was Rising Sophomore Thomas Lollar who has grown both in height and weight from last year.  He went up and just took several balls from them.

Maryville was working two different QB's but couldn't find great accuracy with their passes. (Around 50% completion for the day) and didn't look like they had any standout guys at WR's (Maybe they some guys out also).  They did finally hit a couple of deep balls once the 3rd/freshman team was in.

I know it's just 7/7 but glad the Devils could get after the Rebels.  I'm sure Coach Hunt will have Maryville ready come the start of season and hope they don't have to just rely on Ladue to carry the ball 30 times a game.

Great to hear Swipes! I’m like you on 7 on 7, BUT one can compare 7 on 7 to 7 on 7. We did well. Good to hear about Cannon. Lollar is from good athletic genes. I coached his dad, a QB who gave up FB to focus  on basketball and tennis.

Edited by noonesfool

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Great to hear Swipes! I’m like you on 7 on 7, BUT one can compare 7 on 7 to 7 on 7. We did well. Good to hear about Cannon. Lollar is from good athletic genes. I coached his dad, a QB who gave up FB to focus  on basketball and tennis.

If you can say on here… who is Lollars dad?

1 hour ago, Ffball9999 said:

If you can say on here… who is Lollars dad?

Well, I can’t sleep, thinking I had referenced the wrong Lollar, Brandon local business man. I believe Thomas’ Dad is Thomas Lollar. One of 3 brothers that played at GHS. Glad you asked. I could still be wrong. They were thick, strong, fast young men.