Favorite Wins & Overachievers

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Without question, one of the best I've ever seen.  Goal line stand by Oakland to win the game was incredible.  

And then if I remember right, Oakland beat CPA in a very similar fashion a couple of weeks later. Goal line stand on the last play of the game

Time to make my contribution.....

Best Game- 1998 game at Lincoln County. Was able to upset OR at their place earlier in the season, but alot of people weren't sure Oakland was for real. Back and forth game that went into overtime,  LC scores with an XP to make it 24-17. Oakland returns the favor to make it 24-23, goes for 2 and gets it, wins 25-24 for their first win at The Pit. Was the first time in my young life I got to follow an Oakland team with legit title hopes, which they ended up winning later in the season. If it wasn't for Oakland and Riverdale, LC may have very well won state that year

Close runner-up is a 4OT Classic between Oakland and Smyrna in 2008 that was just an old school slobberknocker between 2 great defenses,  final score was 24-17 despite going into so many overtimes. Like LC, if Oakland wasn't in Smyrna's way, they probably win state that year.

For overachiever,  could have gone alot of different directions ( Oakland's first 3 title teams had a losing season the year prior), but I think what Creasy did with his 2017 team was his best coaching job at Oakland so far. Oakland had to replace so many starters from that team and to go 13-1 was definitely a sign of things to come