6A Region 4 Early Predictions ?

8 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

:shock: don't look now, but those Cavaliers are fighting for a playoff birth!!!    What a huge win on the road!  Go Cavs

Cookeville played a great game!  They definitely won the line of scrimmage and played physical all night.  QB took some shots but always got up and produced.  The Taylor kid was tough as well, always made the play when needed.  The time control offense worked really well.  Good win for the Cavs. 

For Gallatin, not focused on the task at hand and the turnovers were killers.  There were a lot of points left out on the field tonight.  That was very uncharacteristic of this team this year.  Gonna be a long break before you get a chance to right that on the field.  Also tackling was not good, gotta wrap up and quit the shoulder hits.  Why do kids now days not wanna go to the ground?  I don’t get it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Atleast I and the Green Wave supporters will show up on here win or lose. Unlike you who went ghost on us for a week and pretended that Independence 28-7 game never happened without saying a word. You're quick to get on here any game that Beech wins, or you feel that you are "right" about Gallatin. Let your team get humbled though = crickets. :popcorneater: 

I must have missed where you commented on Gallatin last week, cause surely you wouldn't only comment on GHS only when you can bash, right Mr. "I’m not anti-Gallatin"

And to think I haven't even ribbed you or Beech one time this year after any of the 3 losses they took. 

Didn’t go ghost… I was out of town, but I get it, even Beech guys were asking where I was. Beech got beat by Independence. They played terrible. No excuses. Played bad. Got beat.

Yes, lost two other games (for a total of three) to two other good 6A teams.  Sitting at 3-3 and yes, humbled. I really thought Beech would be at 5-1 or 6-0 right now, but we’re not. This team still has a lot of work to do, with a very tough Henry Co team up next week.

Gallatin… I’m not anti-Gallatin (that was graciously consumed by Liberty Creek) but it was an opportunity to poke at you guys and surely you can’t think I wouldn’t do that.

Now. Since you’re so defensive and want to go on the attack… let’s not pretend that Gallatin would have beat any of the teams that Beech lost to. Let’s also not pass up on the fact that Gallatin is playing a very weak schedule (I honestly thought they would coast to a second place finish). As for Gallatin figuring out how to Gallatin, well that was a history of the last decade of losing games they have no business losing. The question is how will they respond. I’m the past they would have folded. I’m actually betting Stroup has them ready and win their final three games, but it will be telling for them as a program. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eers said:

Didn’t go ghost… I was out of town, but I get it, even Beech guys were asking where I was. Beech got beat by Independence. They played terrible. No excuses. Played bad. Got beat.

Yes, lost two other games (for a total of three) to two other good 6A teams.  Sitting at 3-3 and yes, humbled. I really thought Beech would be at 5-1 or 6-0 right now, but we’re not. This team still has a lot of work to do, with a very tough Henry Co team up next week.

Gallatin… I’m not anti-Gallatin (that was graciously consumed by Liberty Creek) but it was an opportunity to poke at you guys and surely you can’t think I wouldn’t do that.

Now. Since you’re so defensive and want to go on the attack… let’s not pretend that Gallatin would have beat any of the teams that Beech lost to. Let’s also not pass up on the fact that Gallatin is playing a very weak schedule (I honestly thought they would coast to a second place finish). As for Gallatin figuring out how to Gallatin, well that was a history of the last decade of losing games they have no business losing. The question is how will they respond. I’m the past they would have folded. I’m actually betting Stroup has them ready and win their final three games, but it will be telling for them as a program. 

What is “very weak” playing lebanon, Gh, and Mount Juliet, add in Springfield… that’s not “very weak”

17 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

What is “very weak” playing lebanon, Gh, and Mount Juliet, add in Springfield… that’s not “very weak”

Dude, come on. MJ seems to be the only team I would classify as good. Lebanon is down this year and GH is average at best. Springfield appears to be very down. The schedule is weak. MJ looks to be the only team in this region that can make it to the second round of the playoffs and that will depend on the matchup. This region is not very good this year. 

31 minutes ago, eers said:

Dude, come on. MJ seems to be the only team I would classify as good. Lebanon is down this year and GH is average at best. Springfield appears to be very down. The schedule is weak. MJ looks to be the only team in this region that can make it to the second round of the playoffs and that will depend on the matchup. This region is not very good this year. 

Let’s wait and see come playoff time. There could be surprises. I think our region goes 2-2 first round…. Thus proving your point to be wrong imo. Considering that we go against the toughest region in the state. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Let’s wait and see come playoff time. There could be surprises. I think our region goes 2-2 first round…. Thus proving your point to be wrong imo. Considering that we go against the toughest region in the state. 

Who would be the second team and who are they beating?

If the playoffs started today Gallatin would be at home looking in after being in 2nd place last week.  That is just how close this region is behind MJ.  Now luckily, the season did not end last night.  Gallatin has to shake off this loss but learn from it.  The next 3 games are crucial to the Wave’s playoff aspirations.  What is crazy is that 2nd place is still a possibility.  Wave just has to take care of business.  That loss was a gut punch but does not define this season, how the kids respond will.  Go Green Wave, gonna be a long off-week.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

If the playoffs started today Gallatin would be at home looking in after being in 2nd place last week.  That is just how close this region is behind MJ.  Now luckily, the season did not end last night.  Gallatin has to shake off this loss but learn from it.  The next 3 games are crucial to the Wave’s playoff aspirations.  What is crazy is that 2nd place is still a possibility.  Wave just has to take care of business.  That loss was a gut punch but does not define this season, how the kids respond will.  Go Green Wave, gonna be a long off-week.  

This ^^^^^

48 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I knew Cookeville was good, so I wouldn’t look at this loss as that “bad” of a loss. Gtown just has to fix the defensive lapses, QB can’t be the guy every game. He was bound to have an off game eventually. When Gallatin is hot they will be a tough game for anyone….

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ,Green hill, Gallatin or lebanon could beat Siegel or Blackman imo

Maybe you’re right, but I stand by saying I think MJ is the only one with a shot. I think the other three have inflated records due to scheduling. These teams would be 4th or out in Region 7-5A.