6A Region 4 Early Predictions ?

People are doing their best to set me up for a trollathon if MJ were to lose the next few weeks. I’ve kept it pretty vanilla, I’ll say If MJ plays their A game against the remaining foes, we should win out. However It must be said if you’re into comparing scores.. then Lebanon and MJ are basically evenly matched. 

MJ pros: electric offense, THE best RB duo in the region (both only juniors) great special teams, sound defense, team speed.(never thought I’d say such a thing)

Cons: defense has too many mental breakdowns that worries me in a 4 quarter game. Travers needs a better WR core. Our best WR is out, and the others are ok but not enough to tap into his true potential.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

Sign me up right now.  I’ll take it.  Lots of work and games left to play in these last 3 weeks.

Wave will win against Wilson Central as long as the bus doesn’t break down. The season comes down to Lebanon, a win likely gets you #2, a loss could knock you out completely. Wave should beat the Blue Devils by 14 to 21 points. 

12 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Wave will win against Wilson Central as long as the bus doesn’t break down. The season comes down to Lebanon, a win likely gets you #2, a loss could knock you out completely. Wave should beat the Blue Devils by 14 to 21 points. 

I hope you’re correct.  These next 3 games are big.  The unexpected loss to Cookeville really made things interesting.   Still a lot of meaningful games in this region to play.  

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I hope you’re correct.  These next 3 games are big.  The unexpected loss to Cookeville really made things interesting.   Still a lot of meaningful games in this region to play.  

I really thought it was a forgone conclusion they were #2 before the Cookeville loss. Now they truly run the risk of being eliminated from the playoffs all together. 

4 hours ago, eers said:

I really thought it was a forgone conclusion they were #2 before the Cookeville loss. Now they truly run the risk of being eliminated from the playoffs all together. 

I suppose if we beat lebanon and GH and Cookeville loses to GH??? I think they’re our biggest fan the next few weeks lol

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

4 hours ago, eers said:

You are correct.  Just an unexpected turn of events.  The head coach was preaching all week about having a letdown and the distractions.  

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You are correct.  Just an unexpected turn of events.  The head coach was preaching all week about having a letdown and the distractions.  

You all know I was going to be the last one convinced, but I was shocked. Beat GH and have that letdown against Cookeville. It will be interesting to see how they respond and finish out the year. 

3 minutes ago, eers said:

You all know I was going to be the last one convinced, but I was shocked. Beat GH and have that letdown against Cookeville. It will be interesting to see how they respond and finish out the year. 

It’s a process of rebuilding and I think Stroup has done a good job so far.  The kids have taken to the new offense and he preaches accountability and team concepts.  They won’t win every game and that was a stumble.  I, like you, want to see how they respond.