6A Region 4 Early Predictions ?

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I have pondered that exact scenario this weekend.  Also it is worth watching that other region.  Blackman pulled an upset over Siegel that may factor into things.  

Of course there's Lebanon still sitting there, assuming they beat Wilson Central this week, what happens if they pull the upset over MJ in week 9.  If that happens and Gallatin takes care of business against Cookeville and WC, that would set up an interesting week 11.  Lots of football to go.

It's definitely looking like Blackman will be region 3's 3rd seed, unless they can upset Riverdale.

4 hours ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Of course there's Lebanon still sitting there, assuming they beat Wilson Central this week, what happens if they pull the upset over MJ in week 9.  If that happens and Gallatin takes care of business against Cookeville and WC, that would set up an interesting week 11.  Lots of football to go.

It's definitely looking like Blackman will be region 3's 3rd seed, unless they can upset Riverdale.

No doubt Blackman has the inside track, but they need to beat Rockvale to feel good about the 3 seed

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No doubt Blackman has the inside track, but they need to beat Rockvale to feel good about the 3 seed

Not sure what all the questioning is about here today….MJ and Gallatin have the best rosters/chance to compete with Ruco…. Even then Siegel and Blackman probably still have the upper hand. Now next year is a different ball game. Guarantee that.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

15 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Not sure what all the questioning is about here today….MJ and Gallatin have the best rosters/chance to compete with Ruco…. Even then Siegel and Blackman probably still have the upper hand. Now next year is a different ball game. Guarantee that.

No argument about this year, MJ & Gallatin have separated themselves from the rest of the region. With the current state of things in HSFB, hard to read to much into the future about what a teams roster may look like. Gonna be hard for any team to top the QBs from MJ or Gallatin, at least as far as their own region is concerned

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No argument about this year, MJ & Gallatin have separated themselves from the rest of the region. With the current state of things in HSFB, hard to read too much into the future about what a teams roster may look like. Gonna be hard for any team to top the QBs from MJ or Gallatin, at least as far as their own region is concerned

The Qb argument is not one Ruco wants to have imo. Especially next year. Stroup and travers clear Ruco from what I’ve seen on film thus far imo, and I’ve watched quite a bit of film this year. Now line play, LbS, and coverage positions. That’s where we fall short.  Even when looking at MJ rb duo, they only fall short to Oakland. (Both are on pace for 1200 plus yards) And they’re only juniors. Now Ofcourse these are opinions and “small flexes.” But people need to realize this isn’t the same ole athlete-less MJ team. Now depth is an issue when it comes to our defense. Point is TP has got himself a nice little roster I think he can do something with, maybe this year… a good chance next year. 

“MJGB define do something”.

well at least a Quarter final appearance, which imo is a decent feat for any team in 6a.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

21 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

The Qb argument is not one Ruco wants to have imo. Especially next year. Stroup and travers clear Ruco from what I’ve seen on film thus far imo, and I’ve watched quite a bit of film this year. Now line play, LbS, and coverage positions. That’s where we fall short.  Even when looking at MJ rb duo, they only fall short to Oakland. (Both are on pace for 1200 plus yards) And they’re only juniors. Now Ofcourse these are opinions and “small flexes.” But people need to realize this isn’t the same ole athlete-less MJ team. Now depth is an issue when it comes to our defense. Point is TP has got himself a nice little roster I think he can do something with, maybe this year… a good chance next year. 

“MJGB define do something”.

well at least a Quarter final appearance, which imo is a decent feat for any team in 6a.

Just because Oakland and Maryville makes it look easy,  it's no small thing to make it to the quarterfinals. 

Not claiming either QB to be better than Travers or Stroup,  but Oakland has a few QB's that can start for alot of teams, heck of a advantage to have depth at that position. Would gladly welcome a Gallatin program that is tough every year so they can get back to playing Oakland. 

I think Perry has done a good job sustaining success, but until MJ challenges themselves with their schedule, 2nd-3rd round will be the best they can do. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just because Oakland and Maryville makes it look easy,  it's no small thing to make it to the quarterfinals. 

Not claiming either QB to be better than Travers or Stroup,  but Oakland has a few QB's that can start for alot of teams, heck of a advantage to have depth at that position. Would gladly welcome a Gallatin program that is tough every year so they can get back to playing Oakland. 

I think Perry has done a good job sustaining success, but until MJ challenges themselves with their schedule, 2nd-3rd round will be the best they can do. 

Can’t disagree with the poor scheduling. However I’m not here to beat redundant arguments into the ground surrounding my team. They just need to go out and win the games on their schedule at this point. People will find humor in this I’m sure… but Franklin is no slouch, they’re on a huge losing streak behind many many close losses (several of which went to overtime) to good teams. That game scares me, as does Antioch. Both of which I’ve mentioned ARE not bad teams. If MJ plays flat, it’ll be down to the wire. not to mention the top 4 in our region are by no means bad…  

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS