2023 TSSAA AAA Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Good luck to everyone playing in the Border Battle this weekend.  Good teams will be there.

Yes, will be a great chance for some teams to assert themselves. Something like 15 teams in the top 25 all classification will be there.

I am interested to see how Collierville will fare. I don't know that they play the schedule that many of the mid TN teams do, but are having a great season on paper. 

Edited by Rockstar89

Lots of good action at the Border Battle...

Cleveland wins the tourney, beating a good Marquette team from MO in 3.

Maryville (final 4)

Nolensville, Summit, Collierville (all final 8)

East Hamilton, Hardin Valley, Independence, Oakland all make the Gold bracket. 

Ravenwood runner ups in silver bracket

Siegel, Green Hill, Gallatin, Science Hill, Riverdale all silver bracket

Edited by Rockstar89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, clifford20 said:

the top 4 teams in 11 AAA are all 8-4.  so crazy.   Never has been this competitive in that district.   It's so impressive.  The fact that Nville is 4-8 is unbelievable.  can't wait to hear abot that district tournament. 

It's really nuts. My personal opinion? I think Summit grabs the #1 seed based on their remaining two games being the easiest. Brentwood, Franklin or Indy could be right there with them. The Brentwood/Franklin game and the Indy/Nolensville games will be interesting to watch this week!. Regardless, whoever wins this District and Region will have gone through a GAUNTLET for sure!

With Brentwoods big 5 set win over Ravenwood it looks like the Franklin/Brentwood matchup tomorrow will be for the regular season District Championship.

Summit could be right there tied with them but they lost to Franklin twice so Franklin would get the tie breaker. If it's Brentwood, I am not sure what the next level tiebreaker would be as they split in the regular season. Regardless, its going down to the wire as we thought it would be.  Franklin swept the Bruins earlier in the season, so it's gonna be interesting.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:35 AM, clifford20 said:

The basketball districts take top 4 to the regional.  Can you imagine if Volleyball did that?  That district would have as many as 3-4 teams in the state every year.  

This is so true.  There have been several Williamson county only state championship games and that's with just two teams moving past district.  

4 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

When is that district tournament?

Tonight

(At Franklin)

5 p.m. – No. 1 Brentwood vs. No. 8 Centennial

6:30 p.m. – No. 4 Franklin vs. No. 5 Ravenwood

(At Nolensville)

5 p.m. – No. 3 Independence vs. No. 6 Nolensville 

6:30 p.m. – No. 2 Summit vs. No. 7 Page

Wednesday

(At Nolensville)

5 p.m. – Brentwood-Centennial winner vs. Franklin-Ravenwood winner