Meigs County vs Loudon scrimmage 7-28

Yeti

Meigs County will head to Loudon today in a scrimmage at 6 P.M. These two teams have faced off for a few consecutive years in the preseason be it a scrimmage, Jamboree, or both. Last years teams were down from recent years with Meigs finishing 7-4 on the season, and Loudon finishing up at 7-5 on the year.

Edited by Yeti

• Yeti changed the title to Meigs County vs Loudon scrimmage 7-28
On 7/28/2023 at 5:51 AM, Yeti said:

Meigs County will head to Loudon today in a scrimmage at 6 P.M. These two teams have faced off for a few consecutive years in the preseason be it a scrimmage, Jamboree, or both. Last years teams were down from recent years with Meigs finishing 7-4 on the season, and Loudon finishing up at 7-5 on the year.

Meigs is supposed to have a good team this year but Central will give them a solid game and may even beat them.  

5 hours ago, street said:

Meigs is supposed to have a good team this year but Central will give them a solid game and may even beat them.  

We play two Central teams this year, and both are region games. I'm going to assume you mean McMinn Central?

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

We play two Central teams this year, and both are region games. I'm going to assume you mean McMinn Central?

Yes. A couple of good players from Meigs have already transferred to Mcminn Central. They see the writing on the wall of an upcoming program and want to ride the Warhorse train. After this year Central will take Meigs place as one of the best teams in region. 

1 hour ago, street said:

Yes. A couple of good players from Meigs have already transferred to Mcminn Central. They see the writing on the wall of an upcoming program and want to ride the Warhorse train. After this year Central will take Meigs place as one of the best teams in region. 

Sounds like you need some Meigs transfers to be competitive :mrgreen:

Won't deny we will be down next year though. I doubt you will get us this year. Your best shot in a while was last year when we were a young team.

16 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Sounds like you need some Meigs transfers to be competitive :mrgreen:

Won't deny we will be down next year though. I doubt you will get us this year. Your best shot in a while was last year when we were a young team.

Getting transfers sound familiar? Central doesn't recruit like Meigs did under Fitzgerald. Even he saw the rise of Central and he ran away to avoid playing them in the future. If not for bad calls last year against Central they easily win that game against Meigs. It took 3 touchdowns called back on Central for Meigs to escape. Central didn't need the Meigs transfers to be competitive. They were starters at Meigs and will be backups at Central. Several others tried to transfer from Meigs but Central declined because of their higher academic requirements.

1 hour ago, street said:

Getting transfers sound familiar? Central doesn't recruit like Meigs did under Fitzgerald. Even he saw the rise of Central and he ran away to avoid playing them in the future. If not for bad calls last year against Central they easily win that game against Meigs. It took 3 touchdowns called back on Central for Meigs to escape. Central didn't need the Meigs transfers to be competitive. They were starters at Meigs and will be backups at Central. Several others tried to transfer from Meigs but Central declined because of their higher academic requirements.

Played at your place and you were cheated out of 3tds? :popcorneater:

So players are leaving a starting position at Meigs to ride the Central bench? :popcorneater:

We are all certain this is your year. :grin:

7 hours ago, street said:

I think this is a thread to discuss the Meigs/Loudon scrimmage....Nothing of what you are posting about Central and Meigs is factual. Hard to believe you are really a Central fan. Don't need this kind of inflammatory discussion between two teams that already have a nice rivarly without it.

4 hours ago, Charger64 said:

I think this is a thread to discuss the Meigs/Loudon scrimmage....Nothing of what you are posting about Central and Meigs is factual. Hard to believe you are really a Central fan. Don't need this kind of inflammatory discussion between two teams that already have a nice rivarly without it.

You are entitled to your opinion even though your opinion is not based on facts. Maybe you do not know anything about Central other than what someone told you third hand. I am a Central fan because my son plays for them. Central does have a transfer from Meigs, fact. Central did have touchdowns called back last year against Meigs, fact. Fitzgerald left Meigs because after this year they won't be that strong, fact. Yeti even admitted that. Central is a program on the rise and Meigs is not. There is nothing inflammatory about facts and talking a little trash between fans of different programs. It's hard to believe you are really a Central fan if you did not know these things. There is also a basketball player from Decatur transferring in to Central. Ask your third hand source if they knew that. 

9 hours ago, Yeti said:

Played at your place and you were cheated out of 3tds? :popcorneater:

So players are leaving a starting position at Meigs to ride the Central bench? :popcorneater:

We are all certain this is your year. :grin:

I might be wrong on the number of tds. Central does have a Meigs transfer that Meigs did not want to lose. This may not be our year to beat Meigs but you know it's coming starting next year. Should be a good game between them this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, street said:

I might be wrong on the number of tds. Central does have a Meigs transfer that Meigs did not want to lose. This may not be our year to beat Meigs but you know it's coming starting next year. Should be a good game between them this year.

I'm familiar with what player you received from our team. He is a great Kid, and his brother was also part of the glue that held together the 2020 and 2021 team. He was also a great contributor to the 18 and 19 teams as he started all 4 years. That said, you have a great chance next year to beat us it's no surprise as this year's team will graduate alot of seniors when it's all said and done. We do seem to reload every year though so if our new coach can continue what Fitzgerald got going during his tenure at Meigs we will be fine. A 7-4 year was a down year for Meigs if that's as bad as we gets, then it will still be a joy to watch them take the field. As far as Fitzgerald leaving because we would be down im.not so sure about that. I was told for years he had applied for some job or another and we were stacked alot of those years.

I will say we are a far ways out from beating a good football team right now. Loudon was quite a bit better than us, and showed us alot of stuff that we need to work on. Having a new head coach and new offensive scheme really showed vs Loudon. I do believe we will be a pretty good team when we get situated and comfortable in the new offense, but that's quite a few reps away from what I've seen. Fortunately that's what these scrimmages are for.:thumb:

You seem to really dislike Meigs lol, but I wish you good luck on your season and will let you eat a little crow again this year after our game hopefully :mrgreen:

@Charger64

Thank you for being level headed in this. I have respect for you and your team. Hope you guys have a great year and take care of our sheep that strayed. We hope to make him regret it haha.

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, street said:

Since they were “starters” at Meigs name them. They started at Meigs so they will be names that everyone will recognize. I mean you are stating “facts” right?  Also you say Fitzgerald “ran away” to avoid playing you all. Did you speak to him?  He must have told you this cause after all your stating “facts” right?  And finally you say “bad calls” beat you guys last year. It couldn’t possibly have been your team made mistakes and wasn’t disciplined enough to not commit the penalties right?  I mean again you say your stating “facts”.  

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1