Meigs County vs Loudon scrimmage 7-28

Yeti

On 8/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, street said:

Don't know how Meigs let him slip away but there are others from Meigs who talked to our coach about coming here. 

^^^^Above is the problem. If your coach talked to players at another school about coming there it is a TSSAA violation of recruiting rules. Don’t back pedal now and say he broke no rules. You make yourself look like a fool. 

On 8/2/2023 at 1:25 AM, Yeti said:

Loudon is much improved over last season. They have a strong run game with numbers 0 and 18 leading the way. They are big on both sides of the line and swarm to the ball. Meigs on paper should be a much better team than last seasons team as most of the kids are a year older. Loudon looked like the better team at the beginning of the scrimmage but we finally started competing on both sides of the ball after we got our legs under us. Our offense stuttered at first but managed positive plays after we got settled in. If we improve just a tad more offensively we will have a good year. Loudon should have a better season than they did last year even moving up to 4A. 

You all come to Greenback fri.If I'm not got anything going I may stop by.We tied Sweetwater and Walker Valley last Fri to no scores against them or them against us.Sweetwater has 0 passing game its very bad from what a coach told me but they had to big running backs that ran hard.Didnt get much info on WV at all but they seem to think we have improved but after this last coach anything had to be an improvement even if this new guy was a Loudon Rec league coach.Im not expecting much but may stop just to see some football.My Nephew starts for Loudon and he said about what you did.They were the better team but you all did some good things late.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You all come to Greenback fri.If I'm not got anything going I may stop by.We tied Sweetwater and Walker Valley last Fri to no scores against them or them against us.Sweetwater has 0 passing game its very bad from what a coach told me but they had to big running backs that ran hard.Didnt get much info on WV at all but they seem to think we have improved but after this last coach anything had to be an improvement even if this new guy was a Loudon Rec league coach.Im not expecting much but may stop just to see some football.My Nephew starts for Loudon and he said about what you did.They were the better team but you all did some good things late.

I'm going to try and make it myself. Glad to hear your team has improved over last year. I believe Meigs with some refinement, a little polish so to speak will come together nicely. From what I've gathered your defense should give our offense a good challenge. Defensively hopefully we can slow you down.

2 hours ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

How did GB Meigs scrimmage go? 

Went pretty good. Meigs showed some Improvement on both sides of the ball from last week. I was impressed with how much better we looked overall.

If Greenback can establish just a tad better run game they should be able to compete with everyone they play. I would say their passing game is well above average. Their qb looked really good and had the ability to hit receivers in stride. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Went pretty good. Meigs showed some Improvement on both sides of the ball from last week. I was impressed with how much better we looked overall.

If Greenback can establish just a tad better run game they should be able to compete with everyone they play. I would say their passing game is well above average. Their qb looked really good and had the ability to hit receivers in stride. 

How bad did you all beat us?I heard the 7 on 7s we beat you all pretty bad but in my mind 7 on 7s are about useless other than timing but if a big ineman is in your face you have no timing lol.We have Loudon game 1.With 35 kids we have to say healthy.We have 1 Jr on the team.Curious to see that game.

26 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

How bad did you all beat us?I heard the 7 on 7s we beat you all pretty bad but in my mind 7 on 7s are about useless other than timing but if a big ineman is in your face you have no timing lol.We have Loudon game 1.With 35 kids we have to say healthy.We have 1 Jr on the team.Curious to see that game.

I think we beat you 5-2. I will say this about your team, you had better protect that qb at all cost.

15 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I think we beat you 5-2. I will say this about your team, you had better protect that qb at all cost.

Very young up front!"hope" we can.He is a Sophmore and last year's coach wouldn't use him.Talented little feller tho.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Yes, he is well above his years if he is a sophomore. 

Thanks for the come back.Wish you guys the best as always.We won't find anything out about us till we play Oneida.Im thinking with our weaker schedule we can win 7 games if we play well.If our offense is as bad as the past 2 years we could lose 3 of those closely.

45 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Thanks for the come back.Wish you guys the best as always.We won't find anything out about us till we play Oneida.Im thinking with our weaker schedule we can win 7 games if we play well.If our offense is as bad as the past 2 years we could lose 3 of those closely.

I do believe you are better this year than the last 2 years. Most teams will not have a qb as good as I thought yours was. Your defense will stop most teams run game at best guess. If you make necessary changes to take the pressure off the passing game some you should have a great season. Just my thought. Good luck friend. 

• Like 1