Class 1-1A predictions?

sharkey

9 hours ago, sharkey said:

Love to hear them, I am taking the Unaka Rangers to win it this year.

Unaka lost everyone and that includes their best returner who got hurt this summer in 7 on 7. They’ll be decent up front but have to replace a ton of experience and skill players. 

Jellico will be alright given they got some help from the Kentucky transfer portal. 

Cloudland is a question mark. Just have to wait and see with them. I’ve heard numbers are low but they only play 11-12 anyways. 

hancock is returning this year but I still see them a year or two behind having not playing a normal varsity schedule. 

cosby has a lot of kids out and some decent skill guys. If they can get any type of OL , QB play they could be alright.

North Greene returns everyone and has added some nice pieces. They have a good running back and return their QB top wr, TE and entire OL so maybe they can get it together as well. 

it feels more wide open than normal but Cloudland is still the king until proven otherwise 

Unaka has kinda flip flopped last year to this. Last year we had the skill positions and the line was the question mark. This year, we’ve got size and experience on the line and all the skill positions are new. The best returning player we had on offense had to have surgery after an injury. 

I would put Cloudland as the favorite until proven otherwise and I’d put NG ahead of us right now as well. 

5 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Unaka has kinda flip flopped last year to this. Last year we had the skill positions and the line was the question mark. This year, we’ve got size and experience on the line and all the skill positions are new. The best returning player we had on offense had to have surgery after an injury. 

I would put Cloudland as the favorite until proven otherwise and I’d put NG ahead of us right now as well. 

Cloudland is the top dog Period, Cosby and NG May be contenders. I'll have to see it before I believe it.

59 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I watched Unaka in 7 v 7 and they were awful. But like creekballer said if they have a good line and are a running team, maybe they will be OK. They will really struggle vs passing teams and if teams force them to pass. 

I'd rather have an experienced line with new skill players than vice versa.  

5 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I watched Unaka in 7 v 7 and they were awful. But like creekballer said if they have a good line and are a running team, maybe they will be OK. They will really struggle vs passing teams and if teams force them to pass. 

Losing our starting RB will hamper much of any offense I’m afraid. He was pretty much all the returning production we had. Will be interesting to see what they do. Bennet has stuck to the pass pretty heavily. I’m sure we don’t stretch the field as much as we did with Ramsey at QB, but I would expect him to still call a lot of quick passing plays. If we can’t execute those, it’s going to be a rough year.