DB-Anderson County Scrimmage

DBKPT93

Saw it live, another 10 play scrimmage.  AC kicker blasts the opening kick through the endzone to start it off.  DB fans will have some fun watching a big and aggressive offensive line this season. AC has some big kids up front as well and they banged on each other the entire night.  Watching the two front lines get after each other was about as much fun as what was happening on the perimeter.  DB will run the football at ya, and put together some good drives, and scores.  AC will throw the ball with Hall and run it with Moog.  They had some good drives, and scored as well . It is hard to pick a winner on 10 play drives unless one team just dominates another.   Both teams will be playing in November, it was a very physical night for both teams, and both seemed to come out healthy, so that had to be a positive.  I really enjoy watching two quality teams get after it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, olhickory said:

Saw it live, another 10 play scrimmage.  AC kicker blasts the opening kick through the endzone to start it off.  DB fans will have some fun watching a big and aggressive offensive line this season. AC has some big kids up front as well and they banged on each other the entire night.  Watching the two front lines get after each other was about as much fun as what was happening on the perimeter.  DB will run the football at ya, and put together some good drives, and scores.  AC will throw the ball with Hall and run it with Moog.  They had some good drives, and scored as well . It is hard to pick a winner on 10 play drives unless one team just dominates another.   Both teams will be playing in November, it was a very physical night for both teams, and both seemed to come out healthy, so that had to be a positive.  I really enjoy watching two quality teams get after it.

That's some good insight.    Did you feel that both teams have good athleticism and conditioning on the lines or are they just big guys?    In other words, are they going to be able to keep going strong in the 4th quarter?                 That may be difficult to determine from a scrimmage but just wondering your thoughts

17 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I passed the McMinn County busses earlier on my way to Red Lobster in Oak Ridge.  They're on their way to Maverick Country. 

Looks like Gillum is trying to get as much experience as possible. Bradley Central, Dobyns Bennett, McMinn, Stone Memorial Next Week

Edited by haweanbula

34 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Gillum is a great coach. That's how you become a better team.... schedule tough teams. 

If he had his way he would’ve scheduled much easier teams, but many said no due to the state title. He’s always had a light schedule until he’s now had to pick better competition. He lucky his admin lies about enrollment to keep them in 4A and that he’s had a cream puff conference schedule for the last few years. 

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

If he had his way he would’ve scheduled much easier teams, but many said no due to the state title. He’s always had a light schedule until he’s now had to pick better competition. He lucky his admin lies about enrollment to keep them in 4A and that he’s had a cream puff conference schedule for the last few years. 

I don't know anything about AC's enrollment, but I do know they beat every team on their schedule last year to win the state championship. And I don't consider Powell, Bearden, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Greeneville  etc easy teams, but everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

• Thanks 2

On 8/5/2023 at 1:16 PM, 92Dragon said:

I don't know anything about AC's enrollment, but I do know they beat every team on their schedule last year to win the state championship. And I don't consider Powell, Bearden, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Greeneville  etc easy teams, but everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Truer words haven’t been spoken in a while.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DB has a scrimmage with Roanoke VA Lord Botetourt on Wed. at Emory & Henry. 

Then play Thursday in that Jamboree at ETSU. DB, ELIZ, BOONE, CROCKETT, SH, WEST RIDGE and 1 other school. SH plays in 2 quarters against 2 teams. DB goes up against Boone...not sure which quarter.