5a David Crockett goes to 2a South GreenE Rebel country.

Romansfive8

18 hours ago, noonesfool said:

They feel very good about themselves on Rebel Hill. Are there question marks  between the pioneer ears. Rebels have real good speed for a 2A squad. The biggest question mark in Rebel land is do they have enough linemen to go toe to toe with a 5A squad for 4 quarters.

SG is very small upfront but pretty physical. Young skill kids haven’t seen much of anything from DC but them being 5A I’m thinking a big win for them

42-21

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, noonesfool said:

They feel very good about themselves on Rebel Hill. Are there question marks  between the pioneer ears. Rebels have real good speed for a 2A squad. The biggest question mark in Rebel land is do they have enough linemen to go toe to toe with a 5A squad for 4 quarters.

I'd say they're more confident as well, but still young, Sop/Jun heavy. They do have decent speed for 2a and some really good skill guys.  I think you hit the nail on the head with the line of scrimmage. One thing I noticed in the Jamboree was their physicality: I thought it was really good. They should be much improved vs last year.  It's early in the week and I should be leaning Crockett, but I can't seem to fully commit yet.   

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I'd say they're more confident as well, but still young, Sop/Jun heavy. They do have decent speed for 2a and some really good skill guys.  I think you hit the nail on the head with the line of scrimmage. One thing I noticed in the Jamboree was their physicality: I thought it was really good. They should be much improved vs last year.  It's early in the week and I should be leaning Crockett, but I can't seem to fully commit yet.   

South Greene is my upset special.

• Upvote 2

For those who think Crockett is down and out this year, you may want to consider this:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/high-school/ready-or-not-its-week-1-for-football/article_38a10e84-3ab9-11ee-b8b4-3fe3a61fa619.html

Region 1-5A

1. Tennessee High 4

2. David Crockett 4

3. Daniel Boone 8

4. Morristown West 6

5. Sevier County 6

6. Cocke County 8

59 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

For those who think Crockett is down and out this year, you may want to consider this:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/high-school/ready-or-not-its-week-1-for-football/article_38a10e84-3ab9-11ee-b8b4-3fe3a61fa619.html

Region 1-5A

1. Tennessee High 4

2. David Crockett 4

3. Daniel Boone 8

4. Morristown West 6

5. Sevier County 6

6. Cocke County 8

For what it's worth you also have to look at who wrote it.  Fritz is a Tri-Cities homer to say the least....