5a David Crockett goes to 2a South GreenE Rebel country.

Romansfive8

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

For what it's worth you also have to look at who wrote it.  Fritz is a Tri-Cities homer to say the least....

Once the press and Kingsport paper combined, Fritz was pretty much removed from covering Betsy. A couple of JC friends have always blamed Fritz for the decline in the interest of Topper FB. Plus barely covered Boone and Crockett. Betsy town had its own paper plus the press. Fritzeville hates Greeneville.

20 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Once the press and Kingsport paper combined, Fritz was pretty much removed from covering Betsy. A couple of JC friends have always blamed Fritz for the decline in the interest of Topper FB. Plus barely covered Boone and Crockett. Betsy town had its own paper plus the press. Fritzeville hates Greeneville.

I have been to a few games in Johnson City, even non-Boone games, and the lack of fan support for Science Hill is appalling.    SH is the 3rd biggest HS in the state, that place should be packed out every week.     I have seen Boone have way more fans on the visitor side.       I don't know if Fritz had anything to do with that but the fans and student body should really get out there and support their team much better.            And I am definitely NOT a SH fan but still those kids and coaches deserve better than what they get.

21 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I've always known his love for Betsy so should have said just them instead of the Tri-Cities Homer.  Yea he hates Greeneville and doesn't think it's part of the Tri-Cities area and won't include them in his All NET team like he use to when I played and made that team.  The only thing i can think of is just pure jealousy since they covered us until we started winning championships.

15 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I've always known his love for Betsy so should have said just them instead of the Tri-Cities Homer.  Yea he hates Greeneville and doesn't think it's part of the Tri-Cities area and won't include them in his All NET team like he use to when I played and made that team.  The only thing i can think of is just pure jealousy since they covered us until we started winning championships.

He has claimed they are not in his “viewing area” I sure hope no one in Greeneville subscribes to them

On 8/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, blazer1set said:

For those who think Crockett is down and out this year, you may want to consider this:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/high-school/ready-or-not-its-week-1-for-football/article_38a10e84-3ab9-11ee-b8b4-3fe3a61fa619.html

Region 1-5A

1. Tennessee High 4

2. David Crockett 4

3. Daniel Boone 8

4. Morristown West 6

5. Sevier County 6

6. Cocke County 8

Worst sports writer around here also.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, noonesfool said:

South Greene is my upset special.

Brain & Logic says 5a all the way, but if SG can get on the board quickly and keep the pedal on the floor and also get enough stops on D to keep it close,  then I like their chances.  It would be an exciting upset special for the SG community. Should be a large crowd on the hill, I think SG may be going to have something in honor/memory of the Wilhoit kid that passed in July.?? 

Edited by Romansfive8

57 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

As a Boone goon I rarely pull for Crockett, but......        LOL... come on, you really thought what???    No way, South Greene ALL THE WAY in this one.         Let's go Rebels

SG  20
DC  14

Blazer I like your numbers. South Greene is a lot like Hampton. Sort of a kiss my grits mentality. Tough kids that think they can’t be whipped..