Blackman Blaze "Back to Basics"

Blaze45

1 hour ago, arshad221 said:

If anybody was at the game like I was the defense actually held their own vs lipscomb and sacked deuce a bunch of times, a bad fumble and bad call got lipscomb into scoring position both times honestly. Blackman offense is what's lacking right now but when you leave a defense on the field alot it's going to cause issues. Boys gotta step up and look in the mirror this season.

I agree, I thought Blackman held their own considering the quality of the opponent.  Blackman is replacing a lot of starters on offense on top of transitioning to an offense that is a complete 180 to what they've been running. It's going to require some patience in Year 1 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I agree, I thought Blackman held their own considering the quality of the opponent.  Blackman is replacing a lot of starters on offense on top of transitioning to an offense that is a complete 180 to what they've been running. It's going to require some patience in Year 1 

Yep

2 hours ago, jhawk23 said:

Agree with D2-AAA being a different animal but don't agree with using a few scrimmage highlights to try to make that point. Not that it matters anyway, but it definitely wasn't one-sided. 

I agree about not using just a few highlights to make a point.  However, the difficult thing about D2AAA is that everyone is well coached (some more than others), all have good facilities, the academics are rigorous, the top echelon have a great deal of depth, but the main thing is that you don't have a bunch of cupcakes on the schedule and only one or two difficult games.  A team must be prepared to play well every game, or they are capable of getting beat.  It reminds me of the Cincinnati, OH Catholic League.