Blackman Blaze "Back to Basics"

Blaze45

Was not overly impressed with what I saw last night against Lipscomb . I know its just a scrimmage, but it was a scrimmage for both teams, so thats an excuse . If what I saw was indicative of the season ahead it looks like a return to basics will have them playing for 4th or 5th place in the district. Thats hard to say as someone who has always carried the Blackman flag. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Oakland???

It's a reason why Oakland hasn't played them anymore lol! Blackman looked good vs lipscomb I also think lipscomb was playing vanilla but blackman defense showed up outside of stupid penalties, offense needs to be quicker, QB holds the ball way too long from trying to read the long plays. Lack of experience killing the younger players just on overall skills far as pursuing the ball and attacking. Really would like to see them run some power I and split back sets using the smaller quick players. Play action could come off that but the QB play is going to hurt the season in my honest opinion.

On 8/12/2023 at 6:20 AM, Blaze45 said:

Was not overly impressed with what I saw last night against Lipscomb . I know its just a scrimmage, but it was a scrimmage for both teams, so thats an excuse . If what I saw was indicative of the season ahead it looks like a return to basics will have them playing for 4th or 5th place in the district. Thats hard to say as someone who has always carried the Blackman flag. 

LA is ranked 19th in the country according unapproved website. What's you're expectations?

On 8/12/2023 at 7:13 PM, Blaze45 said:

Oakland???

Look at what McCallie did to Oakland.  D2AAA is a different animal and there is not a D1 team in Tennessee that would not struggle playing in that division.  The league is so tough that even the teams that win a state championship need a break or two along the way.

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

Look at what McCallie did to Oakland.  D2AAA is a different animal and there is not a D1 team in Tennessee that would not struggle playing in that division.  The league is so tough that even the teams that win a state championship need a break or two along the way.

II-AAA is a different animal but the Varsity part of the scrimmage was 7-3 McCallie and that's with Oakland turning it over near the goal line. 

Blackman was going to go through some struggles no matter who was the head coach this season but they have alot of young talent like they always do. They're in good hands with Kriesky

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

II-AAA is a different animal but the Varsity part of the scrimmage was 7-3 McCallie and that's with Oakland turning it over near the goal line. 

Blackman was going to go through some struggles no matter who was the head coach this season but they have alot of young talent like they always do. They're in good hands with Kriesky

If anybody was at the game like I was the defense actually held their own vs lipscomb and sacked deuce a bunch of times, a bad fumble and bad call got lipscomb into scoring position both times honestly. Blackman offense is what's lacking right now but when you leave a defense on the field alot it's going to cause issues. Boys gotta step up and look in the mirror this season.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

Agree with D2-AAA being a different animal but don't agree with using a few scrimmage highlights to try to make that point. Not that it matters anyway, but it definitely wasn't one-sided.