Wartburg Central @ Coalfield

rtl112

29 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Coalfield will roll! Wartburg has gotten better in recent years but they ain’t good enough to beat CF. 

They will be hungry!  We won 14-8 last year.  I expect another game like that one,  this one is for the bragging rights in the county and I know Wartburg will give it their all against us as they always do.  

That's interesting about the transfers. I hadn't heard that. That could really make a difference if they are some big lineman and a couple of skill guys. 

Last year's game was probably the biggest anomaly for the entire year. Wartburg went on to get destroyed by a bad Harriman team and Coalfield went on to blow out everyone they played except for Gordy and Clay. Very strange.

Edited by TSSAAfootball

3 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

That's interesting about the transfers. I hadn't heard that. That could really make a difference if they are some big lineman and a couple of skill guys. 

Last year's game was probably the biggest anomaly for the entire year. Wartburg went on to get destroyed by a bad Harriman team and Coalfield went on to blow out everyone they played except for Gordy and Clay. Very strange.

Is strange how the season played out when you look at that game.  I've heard that they have added a few big boys on the fronts, we will see.  We've had a lot of closer than expected games with the bulldogs over the years.  CF played sloppy that night and against Gordy too. 

18 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Is strange how the season played out when you look at that game.  I've heard that they have added a few big boys on the fronts, we will see.  We've had a lot of closer than expected games with the bulldogs over the years.  CF played sloppy that night and against Gordy too. 

Was certainly not their best performance last year. But I think CF had more penalty yards than Wartburg had total yards. Coalfield has to be careful

20 hours ago, CYJACKETT said:

I saw Wartburg against Oliver Springs in the Roane jamboree. They were small and slow. They looked to have a bunch of players out of pads on the sideline though so I guess out for injury or to transfer so I'm picking Coalfield 42-14. 

I'd say all the starters sat the dress rehearsal. 

Wartburg got 2 transfers. One from Oneida who didn't see the field and another kid who will play on the line (his mom is a teacher at Wartburg now). Neither transfer will be a difference maker. Other than that they returned a lot of players from last years team, and are still very small minus 2 guys they have on the line. I think last year was a wake up call for Coalfield and they won't play as sloppy as they did last year against Wartburg. I think Coalfield wins big tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, Summit22 said:

Wartburg got 2 transfers. One from Oneida who didn't see the field and another kid who will play on the line (his mom is a teacher at Wartburg now). Neither transfer will be a difference maker. Other than that they returned a lot of players from last years team, and are still very small minus 2 guys they have on the line. I think last year was a wake up call for Coalfield and they won't play as sloppy as they did last year against Wartburg. I think Coalfield wins big tomorrow night.

Agreed. I know they have a QB and a WR that got some awards last year but I'm not buying into Wartburg. I actually think they will finish last in the division this year. Coalfield will have some first game mistakes early but I think they will dominate the second half.