AC Mavs @ Powell Panthers WK1

The Mavs take a short bus ride to the 2022 State semifinalist Powell Panthers. Powell almost pulled off a Back to Back State championship. They lost many of there stars but only to replce with new D1 talent, upper level talent. Mavs likewise lost many from last years State Championship but arent necessarily in full rebuild process thanks to the retuning all state RB Nick Moog amd 2 time all region QB transfer Izaiah Hall. 

This game has had shoot outs in the past. But since the Mavs have made some good adjustments on defense not necessary looking for a big shootout who knows Powell has tremendous speed. This should be another great rivalry game.

So lets get the area input going!

Way earlier this year I was with the same opinion. But from hearing the way coach Gillum is speaking I feel much more comfortable. Moog is the type of running back IMO starts out slow and gets stronger as game and season progress. Last year he seem to warm up when it really counted, the second half. He's also had a year of rest so he probably will be acclimating the first few games since he may be on defense some I assume. The Powell and AC game IMO, is where AC and Powell get a benchmark as to what, if anything they need to work on. Powell will need to clean up penalties they had in scrimmages hopefully the Mavs are on the same page and that will not be an issue, IMO. 

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

Isn't that his 2nd injury and 2nd surgery on the same knee? If so, I could understand why he's not the same. I wish that young man the very best and hope he is fully recovered and has an amazing season!!

It is the second surgery. They did have a donation to use in this last surgery so I want to believe it's like more than a repair the second time around since your literally applying a new part instead of totally repairing.