Riverside Vs Collierville Week 1

RHSPanther15

10 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

A lot of you are high on the panthers coming into the season but they open the season with their toughest game on their schedule against a team with a multitude of D1 recruits. I hope they stay healthy and have a good showing. Dragons 35 Panthers 14.

Yeah the Panthers definitely starting the season out with a bang lol. Think I heard six D1 commits and the biggest public high school in the state. Riverside having their work cut out for them is an understatement. But I believe the Panthers will have their moments. They are a strong experienced team, just a question of keeping all those horses they (Collierville) possess corralled. Biggest test the Panther secondary and guys up front will have this season 

11 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

A lot of you are high on the panthers coming into the season but they open the season with their toughest game on their schedule against a team with a multitude of D1 recruits. I hope they stay healthy and have a good showing. Dragons 35 Panthers 14.

I'll take the Panthers in this one and their toughest game is Huntingdon not Collierville!

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I'll take the Panthers in this one and their toughest game is Huntingdon not Collierville!

I would like to think Riverside could keep it competitive, but I don't think this will be a close game at all. I could be wrong tho and have been many times. They have atleast 4 D1 players. QB commit to Mizzou, Ot to Duke, CB to Austin Peay, and TE to Liberty University. That QB is a dual threat and looks pretty good. Better get that secondary ready if they want to slow them down.

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

The Memphis teams my Mustangs have meet in the playoffs the last few years have had multiple D1 prospects on their roster and we've played with them!

The difference between Mitchell or Fairley and Collierville or Germantown is about like comparing Lake County or West Carroll to Henry County or Haywood. Its the same sport sure but entirely different leagues. I expect Riverside to keep it close but ultimately lose by 2 or 3 scores. Same thing I expect will happen to Union City honestly

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, toinemac said:

The difference between Mitchell or Fairley and Collierville or Germantown is about like comparing Lake County or West Carroll to Henry County or Haywood. Its the same sport sure but entirely different leagues. I expect Riverside to keep it close but ultimately lose by 2 or 3 scores. Same thing I expect will happen to Union City honestly

Pretty accurate statement 

I know it's hard for these good 2A teams in this region to get most 2A 3A teams to play them. I imagine Peabody, Huntingdon, and other traditionally good teams have run into the same problem over the years. I'm sure nobody around here wants to play Riverside unless they have to because they are in their region. Riverside's just having to play up because they are really good. Even if the Panthers lose, the experience will be good for them. The experience for the Collierville boys will be good too, when their tour bus rolls into Parsons and they see what some rural facilities look like.