JEFF COUNTY at OR

catswild

33 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

30-13 F. Jeff Co last score was on the subs. I was impressed with OR.

I thought our D was close to great. Team speed is excellent. 

O struggled to get any consistency, but, Jeff's front 7 is rugged and we're young on the OL, so I expect we'll have a good O as the season moves along.

I was impressed with the poise of Stansberry.

1 minute ago, ipb7 said:

I thought our D was close to great. Team speed is excellent. 

O struggled to get any consistency, but, Jeff's front 7 is rugged and we're young on the OL, so I expect we'll have a good O as the season moves along.

I was impressed with the poise of Stansberry.

Kid will be a stud the next few years.

• Like 1

Pretty good opening night win for Oak Ridge, while Jeff County had the edge in the lines, they could not cover or match the skill players outside. Wildcats had a few turnovers that would have hurt them against a better offensive team. The defense played better than I thought. QB had a good first game, got a lot of pressure in his face at times, threw a couple of tough picks where the db outfought the receiver for the ball.  Kicking pretty good for a freshman kicker, good kickoffs and a field goal. Lots of things to work on week 1 to week 3, open date might be at a good time for this team. Powell next up in week 3, while they don't have the receivers and quarterback they had last year, they are really strong on both lines and have a solid running game as shown in a 35-21 win over AC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Pretty good opening night win for Oak Ridge, while Jeff County had the edge in the lines, they could not cover or match the skill players outside. Wildcats had a few turnovers that would have hurt them against a better offensive team. The defense played better than I thought. QB had a good first game, got a lot of pressure in his face at times, threw a couple of tough picks where the db outfought the receiver for the ball.  Kicking pretty good for a freshman kicker, good kickoffs and a field goal. Lots of things to work on week 1 to week 3, open date might be at a good time for this team. Powell next up in week 3, while they don't have the receivers and quarterback they had last year, they are really strong on both lines and have a solid running game as shown in a 35-21 win over AC. 

Thought our DL whipped their OL personally. Besides that opening drive, which started out on our own 20 thanks to the opening KO fumble, and of course that last run they had on our 2nd team D, they didn’t do much of nothing. So while their D probably got the better of our OL, we whipped their OL, too. We obviously had the better skill players, which was not surprising in the least.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1