Bradley Central @ Mcminn County

SouthernBear

18 minutes ago, SouthernBear said:

It was a competitive environment. The two schools are barely 30 minutes apart, and with today’s social media, you don’t think these kids know each other and have communication outside of the playing field? They all play with emotion, it’s the new age of the game. I understand that there is a line to be crossed, but it shouldn’t be viewed worse than it is because you aren’t a fan of the HC. From everything I have ever heard, guys that play for Floyd (current and past) would run through a brick wall for him. 

Sounds like you would too LOL defending him to the end!!

33 minutes ago, SouthernBear said:

It was a competitive environment. The two schools are barely 30 minutes apart, and with today’s social media, you don’t think these kids know each other and have communication outside of the playing field? They all play with emotion, it’s the new age of the game. I understand that there is a line to be crossed, but it shouldn’t be viewed worse than it is because you aren’t a fan of the HC. From everything I have ever heard, guys that play for Floyd (current and past) would run through a brick wall for him. 

Its not viewed as worse, I never had a problem with Damon Floyd til last night, I don't really buy that it's new age of the game, regardless of social media, you play with some respect and dignity on the field.  They had social media in 2010s, we went to parties and knew kids from surrounding schools. I'm not saying Floyd is a bad person, just not a fan of him after last night, nor do I think we should excuse bad behavior on either side bc of social media being more prevalent.  Sorry that we disagree on that, but I'm pretty firmly in the camp of if you cant keep that crap off the field you shouldn't have the opportunity to play, if they want fuss and fight do it after game. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Its not viewed as worse, I never had a problem with Damon Floyd til last night, I don't really buy that it's new age of the game, regardless of social media, you play with some respect and dignity on the field.  They had social media in 2010s, we went to parties and knew kids from surrounding schools. I'm not saying Floyd is a bad person, just not a fan of him after last night, nor do I think we should excuse bad behavior on either side bc of social media being more prevalent.  Sorry that we disagree on that, but I'm pretty firmly in the camp of if you cant keep that crap off the field you shouldn't have the opportunity to play, if they want fuss and fight do it after game. 

You are spot on RichyRich. It’s really a sad day we have gotten to in high school sports where certain public schools load up and others are left to an uneven playing field. Unfortunately it will probably get worse. Proud of the Kees tho for their fight. As a Bradley alum I wish the Bears nothing but the worst. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, eers said:

I get where you’re coming from, but if my kid is extremely talented I wouldn’t want him playing for a terrible or poorly coached team. 

Whether you like it or not recruiting is here. So get use to it. Within two years from now the transfer portal will be a reality in T$$AA. Who has the most tenure around in this area now? Floyd. Damon is doing a great job at Bradley. Kids are going to go where they can be recognized as well being recruited. But to also further their development. 

As far as the game goes it was "chippy" from the get go. I believe McMinn set the tone for that one? How many personal fouls (face masks) did they have? 3 or 4? So the if anyone is to blame put it on the officiating crew. The frustration was evident on McMinn's sideline. Cagle shouldve been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and/or sideline warning. It wasnt for the fact that he was arguing with the ref. It was the fact that he kept chasing the ref down instead of making his point and letting it go. But as some people will say sometimes you gotta do things to fire a team up? and didnt the skirmish start at the end of the very next play? it was sometime during that time frame. I feel that the ref's somewhat let it get outta hand? Do i feel Floyd shouldve been warned and/or flagged? Possibly. But who ran their mouth to whom on that one? Its all speculation. 

As far as the game went...Bradley needs to learn to have that killer instinct and put a team away. With their team being upper class heavy they should already know how to do that. The O-line looked solid until late in the second quarter and during the third. McMinn figured them out a little too late? McMinn needs to establish the run early between the tackles to open up their outside game. Coming from a wing-t background (Benny Monroe) you have to establish the run up the middle before trying to establish it outside the perimeter. And yes you can throw out of it. 

Most of your growth of a football team will happen during this week of preparation. Most of the time this always holds true. This game is behind everyone. Thats why they make the windshield big and the rearview mirror small. Now looking to this upcoming week:

Bradley will host Tyner. Tyner the defending champs took it on the chin last week to Red Bank. While McMinn will travel to battle another rival the Cleveland Blue Raiders. The Raiders are coming off a win over Clinton. The '93 State Champs will be honored at Benny Monroe Stadium. 

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

Whether you like it or not recruiting is here. So get use to it. Within two years from now the transfer portal will be a reality in T$$AA. Who has the most tenure around in this area now? Floyd. Damon is doing a great job at Bradley. Kids are going to go where they can be recognized as well being recruited. But to also further their development. 

As far as the game goes it was "chippy" from the get go. I believe McMinn set the tone for that one? How many personal fouls (face masks) did they have? 3 or 4? So the if anyone is to blame put it on the officiating crew. The frustration was evident on McMinn's sideline. Cagle shouldve been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and/or sideline warning. It wasnt for the fact that he was arguing with the ref. It was the fact that he kept chasing the ref down instead of making his point and letting it go. But as some people will say sometimes you gotta do things to fire a team up? and didnt the skirmish start at the end of the very next play? it was sometime during that time frame. I feel that the ref's somewhat let it get outta hand? Do i feel Floyd shouldve been warned and/or flagged? Possibly. But who ran their mouth to whom on that one? Its all speculation. 

As far as the game went...Bradley needs to learn to have that killer instinct and put a team away. With their team being upper class heavy they should already know how to do that. The O-line looked solid until late in the second quarter and during the third. McMinn figured them out a little too late? McMinn needs to establish the run early between the tackles to open up their outside game. Coming from a wing-t background (Benny Monroe) you have to establish the run up the middle before trying to establish it outside the perimeter. And yes you can throw out of it. 

Most of your growth of a football team will happen during this week of preparation. Most of the time this always holds true. This game is behind everyone. Thats why they make the windshield big and the rearview mirror small. Now looking to this upcoming week:

Bradley will host Tyner. Tyner the defending champs took it on the chin last week to Red Bank. While McMinn will travel to battle another rival the Cleveland Blue Raiders. The Raiders are coming off a win over Clinton. The '93 State Champs will be honored at Benny Monroe Stadium. 

Face mask happen every game? How is that setting the tone for punching other players. Talk about a group of fans who cannot accept a victory with their heads held high wanna get on here and argue about who started what.  You can type a paragraph but your still wrong buddy.

3 hours ago, Humorist said:

Not sure why I was quoted here… I’m in favor of kids leaving for better situations. As I said I wouldn’t want my own child in a bad situation, why would I expect that out of someone else? 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

Not sure why I was quoted here… I’m in favor of kids leaving for better situations. As I said I wouldn’t want my own child in a bad situation, why would I expect that out of someone else? 

I was wondering the same thing, you made it pretty clear you were in favor of it lol

22 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Face mask happen every game? How is that setting the tone for punching other players. Talk about a group of fans who cannot accept a victory with their heads held high wanna get on here and argue about who started what.  You can type a paragraph but your still wrong buddy.

Your right facemasks happen from time to time? But three series in a row? I mean obviously those are some bad habits to break? C'mon man. It definitely did set the tone. It was a domino affect. So you wouldnt say that frustration wasnt a part of that? So let me ask this when Bradley first scored. Was it ok for your DB to hit the runningback in the ankle to cause injury after the fact he was crossing the goaline? No...you can see it how you want to see it. Take your "L" learn from it and move on. And being a neutral party in this whole debacle (not one time did i say i was a Bradley fan). Im an avid football fan. But my ties are with the one you guys will face Friday night. Ive held my head high and will continue to do so. As a fan, athlete, and as a coach. 

Bradley is good and should barring any injuries content for a championship. They have done a good job of recruiting especially at the skilled positions. They had too much speed for McMinn. By far the best team i have seen them have in years.

I see now why Boo is on his third school in 4 years. Super talented athlete and gifted football player but talks a TON of trash. When he gets to UT he will quickly learn there are 15-20 other Boo's of similar talent on the field. He might want to learn from his past and let his ability do the talking for himself. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2