Lipscomb Academy vs IMG

ChuckDSanAntonio

15 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

I have watched watched high school football in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio.  IMG is BY FAR the best team I have ever seen at the high school level.  They man handled a team that was probably our best team in the state.  IMG has so many top defensive lineman and they had the best offensive tackle I have ever seen.  #77 Keaton was a man among.  Props to LA for scheduling.. Spillman was very impressive for LA.   IMG was on another level.  They had over 100yds in penalties but still won easily.  Good news for Lipscomb They don't have to face anyone else like that.

They are a great team but I still think they would have a hard time even winning the Trinity League in Southern California. That's the strongest division in the country. 

I think Miami Central beat IMG last year.  Miami Central has won a ton of State Titles in Florida. A few years ago St Francis of Baltimore went to Miami Central and beat them 49-7. St Francis had a couple of UT Commits on that team. The starting running back for Michigan was on that team. Teams like IMG,St Francis,Mater Dei and John Bosco are a different animal.

9 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I think Miami Central beat IMG last year.  Miami Central has won a ton of State Titles in Florida. A few years ago St Francis of Baltimore went to Miami Central and beat them 49-7. St Francis had a couple of UT Commits on that team. The starting running back for Michigan was on that team. Teams like IMG,St Francis,Mater Dei and John Bosco are a different animal.

Miami Central is recruiting now too their just not as consistent.  In talking with one of the IMG parents they said they struggle at the first of the year because the kids aren't used to playing together.  I was very impressed with Edwin Spillman of LA.  Even when his team was getting beat he brought it every play and when he hits its violent.  I even noticed Gibson from IMG (Texas commit) wasn't hitting the hole as hard after taking a few hits from him and he also blasted Echols on a play action pass.  When IMG was wearing them down Edwin was the one holding the defense together.  LA is going to win a lot of games because of their defense and Spillman is their leader.  If Deuce isn't badly injured he will take care of that offense because he is a dangerous player.  

6 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

Miami Central is recruiting now too their just not as consistent.  In talking with one of the IMG parents they said they struggle at the first of the year because the kids aren't used to playing together.  I was very impressed with Edwin Spillman of LA.  Even when his team was getting beat he brought it every play and when he hits its violent.  I even noticed Gibson from IMG (Texas commit) wasn't hitting the hole as hard after taking a few hits from him and he also blasted Echols on a play action pass.  When IMG was wearing them down Edwin was the one holding the defense together.  LA is going to win a lot of games because of their defense and Spillman is their leader.  If Deuce isn't badly injured he will take care of that offense because he is a dangerous player.  

edwin is a great kid and a great player.  I have not heard anything about deuce being injured and he finished the game.

On 8/20/2023 at 5:50 AM, theawesomebro said:

edwin is a great kid and a great player.  I have not heard anything about deuce being injured and he finished the game.

We left before the game was completed and the last play we saw Deuce had to come out with something wrong with his hand.  That's great news he was able to finish the game.  I left there a big LA fan because they stepped up their game and played a team that they on paper couldn't match up with but gave them a pretty good fight for 48 minutes.  LA team will be better for playing talent like this and it will help our UT Commits when they play at the next level.  

8 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

We left before the game was completed and the last play we saw Deuce had to come out with something wrong with his hand.  That's great news he was able to finish the game.  I left there a big LA fan because they stepped up their game and played a team that they on paper couldn't match up with but gave them a pretty good fight for 48 minutes.  LA team will be better for playing talent like this and it will help our UT Commits when they play at the next level.  

thanks.  yeah, I think they learned a lot.  edwin hit another UT commit who was playing for IMG and injured him.  hope he's ok.  I know there are no moral victories but maybe LA needed that and will build from it.  

Edited by theawesomebro