Lexington 23

Solomon

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

Dead quiet so far. What are expectations for 23?

Some associated with the program say that they'll be ok, and some close to it think that they could be in for a long year. For most of the fans, the jury is still out...season begins with Scotts Hill, so it could be another week or two before we really know where either team stands. Lions should be better than recent years, but not really a situation where either team can use the other as a measuring stick. Only one thing for sure, is that the coach for either team won't need a motivational speech!

12 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Some associated with the program say that they'll be ok, and some close to it think that they could be in for a long year. For most of the fans, the jury is still out...season begins with Scotts Hill, so it could be another week or two before we really know where either team stands. Lions should be better than recent years, but not really a situation where either team can use the other as a measuring stick. Only one thing for sure, is that the coach for either team won't need a motivational speech!

I’m other words, there will be wood layed?

23 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The jury out is what I figured. Usually the years they do the best coaching job even if there is an early season loss or two than leaves you dumbfounded.

13 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

The mystery will be solved soon.

Not really, Lexington wins 28-26. Both teams hit one long pass against good coverage in their end zone, and both teams scored after a turnover left them with short field...the rest of the game was pretty even, other than a blocked punt by Lexington gave them the ball 1'st and goal, and a fumble on a kick return was scooped and scored. Biggest difference was the kickers...Lexington has a great one and SH has a Freshman from Spain who never kicked a football until a month ago. Lexington averaged taking possession around the 40, SH around the 25 because of his leg. The eye test says that they're relatively equal, but not really to say how good either is against region opponents.

• Like 1

Ugliest football game I’ve seen in person. Lexington had 200 yards in penalties. Both teams had multiple turnovers. Officiating crew was a detriment to the game. Multiple stoppages of play to reset the ball or discussions among themselves. Both teams have a lot of work to do and will have long seasons ahead of them if they don’t improve. 

4 hours ago, OldSkyhawk said:

Ugliest football game I’ve seen in person. Lexington had 200 yards in penalties. Both teams had multiple turnovers. Officiating crew was a detriment to the game. Multiple stoppages of play to reset the ball or discussions among themselves. Both teams have a lot of work to do and will have long seasons ahead of them if they don’t improve. 

Not to mention the clock...several plays where no time ran off, and multiple times running when it should have been stopped. 

the kicking game for lexington is very good didnt get to go to the game but heard it was a close game well thats the making of a good in county rilviary lexington always seems to start slow but gets better good to see the lions on the upswing i played for lexington back in 88 to 91 but i support both teams hope both have good sesons..